Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-20 availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you spend enough time here, I believe what you will find is that there are many great motor oils that will protect an engine well beyond the years that any of us will want to keep a car. and there are many a different method on oil change interval, filter selection, synthetic versus dino, Fram versus Purolator. And the list goes on. But I believe you will see that most all of these different practices all can yield great results. It really comes down to, anyone that is passionate about the maintenance of a car, and uses leading brand products, will have a long lasting car.

If you like Mobil 1, stay with it. If you want to try PP, then go for it. I tried PP only because of their rebates. But I have been happy with it and see no reason to go back to M1. If M1 offered $10 off a 5 qt jug, I'd be at Wally World today stocking up on M1 for my Alero.

Not loyal to either one. Which ever one performs well and is priced decent. My 2009 Chrysler T&C was using a quart of oil every 1000 miles. Tried Mobil1, no change. With Pennzoil Ultra, consumption has dropped to one quart in about 2000 miles. Changing oil tomorrow in preparation for what they are saying will be one heck of a winter. Could not find Pz Ultra in either an 0W20 or an 0w30. Using Pz Platinum 0w20. Hope it does the trick and reduces consumption as well as the Ultra did.

Ultra Platinum now available on Amazon in single 5qt size for $35. There's one of the 3-pk 5qt left too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back