School shooting, near Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year kids die from an alcohol overdose. Has any one thought of making alcohol against the law? Whopps! they already did.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: Apollo14
He took it from his parents, who irresponsibly stored the firearm.

So will they be prosecuted now?

Why you asking me? Ask this guy.

http://snohomishcountywa.gov/202/Prosecutor
A thought is he tooks moms car and ran over the kids would there be the same stirring up of pro car and anti car people? Gun is no more than a tool and so is a car.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Originally Posted By: Trajan

The right to self defense is a god given right.

Kindly name the god, and show his/her/its words that say that, And the sources.

smile.gif
priceless.

He can't claim it's a god given right, then claim it's a figure of speech. Which shows it isn't a god given right.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: Mystic
People are being murdered mainly by terrorists

1985 - 2012 Total US Murders: 520,600
1985 - 2012 Terrorist Murders: 3,482

This in itself proves that the media is doing a good job convincing Americans that terrorists are taking over which in turn convinces regular people to be scared.
It's like that beheading nonsense and that girl Alex Israel who turned out to be a fraud. CNN is hilarious.

You have to ask whether it's the media's fault or the average American's fault that they are misinformed:

1330873foxnewsgraph.jpg

And out of 5 questions asked:

news-sources-fdu.jpg

Since chemical weapons have actually been found in Iraq, your chart simply shows that those who get their news from NPR and print media were more wrong than those who get their news from other sources, including Fox.

Given that many folks get their news from comedy shows like John Stewart's, this shouldn't be a surprise.

Incredibly disappointing, but not a surprise.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Since chemical weapons have actually been found in Iraq, your chart simply shows that those who get their news from NPR and print media were more wrong than those who get their news from other sources, including Fox.

Given that many folks get their news from comedy shows like John Stewart's, this shouldn't be a surprise.

Incredibly disappointing, but not a surprise.

Yes very disappointing ........... seeing the poll was taken in 2003.

1330873foxnewsgraph.jpg

Chemical weapons have been found in Iraq. In fact people are worried about ISIS digging up old Iraqi chemical weapons and using them against Iraqi forces.

And Sadam Hussein did in fact use chemical weapons against the Kurbs and he fired several long range Scud missiles at Israel.

And I will take Fox News any day compared to getting news from a comedy show or NPR or MSNBC.

Last edited:
The Iraq Survey Group looked for WMDs for over a year.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
On October 6, 2004, the head of the Iraq Survey Group (ISG), Charles Duelfer, announced to the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee that the group found no evidence that Iraq under Saddam Hussein had produced and stockpiled any weapons of mass destruction since 1991, when UN sanctions were imposed.

https://www.cia.gov/library/reports/general-reports-1/iraq_wmd_2004/index.html#sect1

So which chemical weapons have been found in Iraq Mystic?

There are some numbers posted here that don't quite do justice to the overall picture. 1985 there were 18,976 homicides and in 2012 there were 14,168 as stated by the FBI UCR stats. All the while the US homicide rate has dropped, our population, accounted for and undocumented, has increased exponentially. Add to this the fact that gun sales has skyrocketed. I couldn't find the ATF sales data for 1985. I don't think anyone would argue there is a huge gap between the 1985 sales and the boom of the last 6 years in firearm sales.

No matter what is said, we as a country own a lot more guns than we ever, historically have, and our homicide rate is at a nearly 30 year low.

As to the terrorist statement....we have politics being played with the definition of "terrorist" act. If Fort Hood doesn't account for a "terrorist" act then not many other killings will either.

tumblr_mnop0wcCkE1qa0uujo1_1280.png

I love that one! Will keep and use it in the future!

The old buried chemical weapons that have been reported on the news Apollo14. Maybe you need to try a different news source.

Trying to make it seem like I don't know what I am talking about or lying? Several sites have been located where old chemical weapons have been found in Iraq. Go look it up at a real news source for yourself.

Go to a web browser and type in something like 'old buried chemical weapons found in Iraq.' Something like that. And you will probably find the story.

chickenchart.jpg

In my opinion this may be the most accurate chart in the thread!

Any idjit knows wily ole Saddam had months and months to truck his WMD's into Syria and other countries in the region.

Who knows what else is buried out there in the desert....

Last edited:
Here Apollo14, let me help you:

http://time.com/2901562/iraq-isis-chemical-weapons/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/isla...70eb_story.html

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/iraq-isis-seiz...40.html#vM8SAGl

http://online.wsj.com/articles/sunni-ext...lity-1403190600

Are these news sources good enough for you? I did not include anything from Fox News. CBS Morning News also had a video on this.

There are several other news sources.

The one above from the Washington Post for some reason did not copy the right link.

Last edited:
Steve, that really is the best chart of all.

I personally did not care much for how they divided people into 'creative class' and 'working class' at that Martin Prosperity Institute. In addition, all that stuff about 'rightwing terrorists' and 'McCain voting block' and 'Obama voting block' and all of the other stuff.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
The old buried chemical weapons that have been reported on the news Apollo14. Maybe you need to try a different news source.

Trying to make it seem like I don't know what I am talking about or lying? Several sites have been located where old chemical weapons have been found in Iraq. Go look it up at a real news source for yourself.

Go to a web browser and type in something like 'old buried chemical weapons found in Iraq.' Something like that. And you will probably find the story.

You mean the New York story on chemical weapons that I posted here a while back?

So you mean the WMD's that Rumsfeld and Reagan helped Saddam get when they supported him?

The WMD's that our soldiers found inoperative and buried but which the Bush administration decided not to disclose or acknowledge out of embarrassment?

Which meant there was no proper effort to destroy them which has left regular soldiers with long term disabilities from them?

You mean to say that these were the WMD's that we were looking for all along? The inoperative ones that Rumsfeld helped them get?

And they didn't tell us about them? Not even to save face after they admitted they hadn't found the WMD's they were looking for?

And you tried to give me a lesson in historical accuracy? LOL.

Wow, even with all of those news sources he is going to deny that they had chemical weapons in Iraq. Even after chemical weapons were used against the Kurds by Saddam Hussein.

Apollo14, you go ahead and believe anything you care to believe. There are numerous news organizations reporting about how ISIS terrorists have overrun old Saddam Hussein chemical weapons plants and have moved into areas where there are buried old chemical weapons. But if you want to believe something else instead of all of those news sources go right ahead.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Any idjit knows wily ole Saddam had months and months to truck his WMD's into Syria and other countries in the region.

Who knows what else is buried out there in the desert....

If he trucked them into Syria, why didn't we invade Syria as well? We went into Iraq to get these WMD's because they were an imminent threat but we gave up on worrying when he moved them to Syria, a country in the axis of evil?

And the Iraq Survey Group spent a year looking for WMD's. Are you saying they got it wrong? Were they looking in the wrong place (Iraq instead of Syria) or did they not dig up enough desert for you?

It's amazing isn't it? We can use satellite and other intelligence to conclude he has WMD's, but when we get there and can use as many soldiers and all the technology in the world for as long as we want, we can't find them.

And doh! We didn't think to use satellites to make sure he wasn't moving these WMD's that were an imminent threat. And we didn't think to start threatening Syria with invasion if they didn't allow us in to inspect, at a time when they would have rolled over.

Makes you wonder what clown was in charge at this time.

Did you miss the news reports of Saddam Hussein attacking the Kurds with chemical weapons? Did you see any of the photos that were taken of Kurds who had died from chemical weapons? Experts were able to determine that chemical weapons had been used.

Are these the chemical weapons we were looking for when we invaded Iraq Mystic?

Do you believe they are?

You see, Astro14 stated that Fox and other news viewers were correct in 2003 to say we had found chemical weapons at that time.

The basis of that assertion is the old weapons we found after that, which was not revealed to the public, and which has been revealed now.

And now there are a segment of the media and their loyal following claiming that these old weapons were the weapons we were originally looking for.

The question is, is that your belief?

Asking if others have seen the news they themselves posted or whether Saddam Hussein used Rumsfeld supplied chemical weapons is just a distraction tactic by you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back