New Briggs oiling schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or no change as usual in the manual, would be fun if the manual stated oci:s with SAE30 SG oil, while sticker says "no oil changes"

Originally Posted By: Tom_T
And I'm betting the only change between this year's and next year's engine will be in the instruction manual.

Perhaps not too far off here. From the image of the EXi posted by Bubbatime above, it looks like a re-stickered E-series engine, like this 625ex:

625EX.jpg

The EXi shows 163cc on the decal, and this 625ex is a 150cc...but I bet it's the same basic engine.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Ford approached Castrol in the 60s when they were planning a "disposable" car, with the question of could they supply an engine oil that would last 25,000 miles.

They offered that for a one off, single use lifetime, that their oils at the time would satisfy that criteria.

Depends on what Briggs considers the lifetime of a mower to be, and whether their customers agree with them.

From my personal experience with Ford (two pickups), they carried through with their disposable vehicle plan...... Both of them were rolling junk piles from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back