Warning To All Ford Ecoboost Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
Then why do you think you have to explain his post? You must think i'm stupid. LOL

Take that Mykl! You weren't expecting that comeback were you?

Thanks, nice to know I ain't the lonewolf.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: millerbl00
Looks like I AINT the only one that believes old tech still has a place...

You're not the only one. Many of us like some of the older tech, and prefer to see bugs worked out before jumping in on the latest and supposed to be greatest technology.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
This video was dubious when new years ago. If anything it is becoming a falsehood now.

So Dave:

Let's see your personal video of your own ecotech version of that engine?
wink.gif
I'bet it is clean as whistle.

Sorry, but in this case I'll trust a certified tech's word over an anon internet poster.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

So Dave:

wink.gif

Sorry, but in this case I'll trust a certified tech's word over an anon internet poster.

So, can anyone give me the approximate number of Ecoboost engines that have had their cylinder heads replaced due to intake valve deposits?

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

So Dave:

wink.gif

So, can anyone give me the approximate number of Ecoboost engines that have had their cylinder heads replaced due to intake valve deposits?

Why not head over to YouTUBE and post that question to
FordTechMakuloco?

Apparently it's a major problem- "WARN THE OWNERS!!!"

Yet-aside from a five month old YouTube video-no one has found another mention of Ford replacing cylinder heads to address intake valve deposits.

Hmmmm...

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Then why do you think you have to explain his post? You must think i'm stupid. LOL

Careful Mori.

Apparently it's a major problem- "WARN THE OWNERS!!!"

Yet-aside from a five month old YouTube video-no one has found another mention of Ford replacing cylinder heads to address intake valve deposits.

Hmmmm...

Its true some manufactures definitely seem to have a better grip on the system than others, even in the same corporate family.
A friend of mine is a SEAT dealer, no problems to speak of yet it is a VW based power plant and some VW/Audi cars are having a lot more issues. How come?

It is good technology but it seems to have issues in some vehicles more than others.
I wouldn't want one because of what i see here, dirty injectors on some older ones that are beyond repair.
The price for one cost as much as a whole set of port injectors in some cases.

I am working with a friend and forum member now who is just trying to get them out of the head in one piece.
He bought the special tools but still no luck, they seem like they are welded in the head. It is turning into a fiasco trying to save them.
The cost for 4 is almost 1K and the car is a 2012 VW. Out of warranty where he is.

I do thank all the early adopters buying them though.
As far as the Ford video, who knows? The guy seems genuine enough, i don't think he got the pictures out of thin air so it would seem he experienced some issues with the system but it doesn't seem widespread. .

My plain old 2009 vvt ecotech with plain old fuel injection had the valves so carboned up it bent some valves. So I will wait until they get DI or whatever new tech right.

Originally Posted By: Apollo14

Careful Mori.

Who is Mori and why should anyone be careful?

To answer the question "Mori" quoted that you addressed to me....

No, I don't believe you're stupid. But I do wonder at times if English is a second language for you. If it is not your first language that might explain why I have had difficulties communicating with you.

My plain old 2009 vvt ecotech with plain old fuel injection had the valves so carboned up it bent some valves. So I will wait until they get DI or whatever new tech right.

Wait...... what?

So you're avoiding direct injection engines because an engine you had with port fuel injection had problems?

I'm out of words. I really don't know what to say.

For purposes of this thread only...

Number of individuals reporting DI problems who actually own a vehicle with DI: 0

Number of DI vehicle owners reporting problems: 0

Are you saying i need to own one to know the problems? I don't own a space shuttle either but i know 2 blew up so i assume they had a bit of an issue. LOL

Both of the Space Shuttle accidents were due to poor operating practices, not design flaws.

What did you say about PFI engines when they first came out 25-30 years ago?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: A_Harman

What did you say about PFI engines when they first came out 25-30 years ago?

He was still clinging to carbs I bet. TBI was still in its infancy and thus not yet proven out when PFI/SFI/etc was hitting the scene.

I knew plenty of people who didn't like EFI, "couldn't fix it w/o a computer".

Bingo, that is a totally irrelevant example.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
They were critically flawed from the beginning. Argue with NASA scientist not me.

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/1694/1

http://www.tsgc.utexas.edu/archive/general/ethics/boosters.html

Isn't it funny how an accepted design limitation becomes a "critical flaw" after the user exceeds the manufacturer's recommended operating envelope and has an accident? Thiokol said not to launch in subfreezing conditions, yet that is what NASA did on January 28, 1986.

No comment on the Veyron?

Sure, I'll bite.

Take a car with a total production run of 1,000 and a sticker price of $1,000,000 versus a car with a production run of 3,000,000 and a sticker price of $20,000. There's a lot more payoff in the development of the high mover.

A "high-mile" Veyron has got to be what, 8,000miles or so?

I wonder what the recommened service schedule on that beast looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back