Mobile 1 Oil FIlters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of M1 Filters, I recently picked up one for my Ridgeline and I compared it to a Royal Purple Filter I have and other than the RP filter having some purple on it, I believe it's the same filter. Maybe this have been discussed before?

Someone posted the Amsoil filter next to the RP filter and it looked identical. I don't think it was a cut open comparison though.

M1 filters are great and one of my favorites. Very overpriced though.. Just saw my AAP has them for $9.99 now. Not a good deal, but certainly not bad either.

Better cheaper options out there IMO.

Mobil 1 filters are champion labs flagship filter which is a very nice filter with plenty of great benefits but still only using any blended media like a tough guard or Bosch Distance plus. The problem is you can find a Fram Ultra for cheaper at Walmart and the Ultra wins in efficiency and holding capacity.

If Walmart could get ahold of Mobil 1 filters and get the price down to $6.99, they would sell much more competitively, however the only place I seen them is auto parts stores and they price gouge.

If you can grab them with the oil change specials they are more attractive. The Mobil 1 filters always look good cut open.

Don't waste your money on the Mobil 1 oil filters. Save your money and get a better filter by going with the Fram Ultra at your local Walmart.

Originally Posted By: GM4LIFE
Don't waste your money on the Mobil 1 oil filters. Save your money and get a better filter by going with the Fram Ultra at your local Walmart.

As much as I like Fram Ultras i wouldn't call Mobil 1 filters a waste. Some people might enjoy the black paint job on a custom motor and they are certainly at the top of the line for cellulose/glass blended filters.

Like I was mentioning before you can regularly find auto parts stores selling 5 quarts of motor oil plush Mobil 1 filter for one low price like $30, but you never see Ultras in may local oil change specials.

I only have to worry about what oil to buy at Walmart since I have about 70,000 miles worth of filters stocked up for my Buick.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

....but you never see Ultras in may local oil change specials.

Through November 1st, Advance Auto has PP and FRAM Ultra for $23.99 after the Pennzoil $10 rebate.

I bought a couple of these deals last month and may hit it again since I have my gift cards back from last time.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

Through November 1st, Advance Auto has PP and FRAM Ultra for $23.99 after the Pennzoil $10 rebate.

I bought a couple of these deals last month and may hit it again since I have my gift cards back from last time.

Now that's a respectable deal.

I get a kick when they bundle extended change oils like Castrol Edge with an STP filter.

Castrol is also available with a FRAM Ultra at Advance but Pennzoil won't send you a $10 rebate.

Well why not??!!
28.gif

Castrol is also available with a FRAM Ultra at Advance but Pennzoil won't send you a $10 rebate.

Well why not??!!
28.gif

Now that's a respectable deal.

I get a kick when they bundle extended change oils like Castrol Edge with an STP filter.

AAP's Mobil Super full synthetic/ DW filter deal comes to mind.. Lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back