Tablet Question / Bluetooth Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have received a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8'' as an early birthday present. Thing is amazing. Screen is amazing, super powerful (more CPU and memory than my newest computer).

The included Chrome browser does pretty much everything I need it to do. Online bill pays and such. Very impressed with it!

The only thing I pretty much use a computer for (have been using Kindle) is RPDing into work and most of that is typing or simple mouse interactions.

Does anyone know of any bluetooth keyboards that would work with RDP ... or any RDP apps that would support bluetooth keyboards?

What's RPD?

I've never come across an app on our iPad that doesn't recognize input from our Bluetooth keyboard. The keyboard essentially replaces your on-screen keyboard in the operating system's eyes...so anything you can use your on-screen keyboard for, you should be able to use the Bluetooth keyboard...

RDP is remote desktop.

I currently use Microsoft Remote Desktop app on my Note 10. Nice interface. I have a bluetooth keyboard, but I haven't tried to RDP with that. I don't see why it wouldn't work because you are just changing the keyboard input when using it.

I can try it out this weekend if you don't have an answer.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
RDP is remote desktop.

I currently use Microsoft Remote Desktop app on my Note 10. Nice interface. I have a bluetooth keyboard, but I haven't tried to RDP with that. I don't see why it wouldn't work because you are just changing the keyboard input when using it.

I can try it out this weekend if you don't have an answer.

All of our end users are on VDI. The VMWARE app doesn't work with Bluetooth keyboards. I have a physical desktop but concerned the same thing will happen

I tried it out last night and my Motorola bluetooth keyboard definitely works with the Microsoft RDP app.

I would think that a mobile app may be more receptive to using a bluetooth keyboard, but it doesn't make much sense as to why it doesn't work in your case.

The keyboard I have is the Motorola 89451N. It's only about $20 so it's worth a try for not much investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back