when to replace a battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: javacontour
But how would I charge my phone
smile.gif

SHOZ said:
You should get one of those $4 plug into the lighter outlet voltage read outs. You can tell when the battery or alternator is failing pretty easy then.

Mini LED Display Digital Car Voltmeter 12V/24V Vehicle Voltage Gauge

I use one of these.

79AN7913S-U2A_BA_ND01_b5.jpg

Anker Astro Mini 3200mAh External Battery with PowerIQ™ Technology - See more at: http://www.ianker.com/product/79AN7913S-U2A#sthash.zFjV440x.dpuf

Originally Posted By: FXjohn
they should be able to get a jumpstart and make it home or to autozone.

Funny you should mention this!
smile.gif
My college age daughters came to visit me while I was in the hospital this weekend. They left the hospital to go get some dinner. Came out and their car (2005 Camry with a less than 3 year old Diehard battery) wouldn't start. They called my wife and she called a friend to go give them a jump.
I might mention this car gets driven about 500 - 600 miles a week and 90 percent of that is freeway driving. The battery has never been discharged before this incident.

She drove to Autozone to have them check the car and if needed install a new battery. Autozone employee said "Sorry, we can sell you the battery but we can't install it or test the system because we only have 2 employees in the store."

Fortunately our friend who gave them a jump start also followed them to Autozone and he installed the new battery for them.

My point is: so much for the theory that anyone could go to Autozone and get their battery installed. I guess as long as your battery dies between 9 and 5 on Monday - Friday you are ok! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back