Post your car in Winter Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taken with iPhone 5S.

Sucking out summer bug washer fluid for winter deicer. Using Pela 6000.

3mFFwIw.jpg

Winter tires on. A little early but my other tires (Toyo Proxes T1R) are unsuitable for any type of snow, so I want to be ready.

7quhL4S.jpg

Rust gore! Cant be bothered to paint or pay for wheel covers.

nhUHohm.jpg

Probably the last season for these guys. Mileage unknown. They started at 11/32".

Ya0er9L.jpg

I'm not in winter mode just yet (no snow and car is at body shop), but this was last year's winter mode and will be this years.

ZSMZTjw.jpg

I love this photo, it needs to be on a website or magazine or something. LOL

11 sec in I hit the snowbank with my front bumper/ license plate and bits crashed over the hood.

This was fun and held the road pretty good on hankook i-pikes:

volvosnow1.jpg

This just looks cold:

sno67623_zps5d528eea.jpg

That does look cold! That picture makes me want to stay inside, eat some soup and watch some TV.

I'm holding off as long as possible this year!

I haven't even sprayed with oil yet.

Next time I head to my parents, I'm probably going to put the not-studded tires on the Jeep just in case.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
Winter mode for my GS is stock heat range Autolite coppers and Stant Superstat195.

You change thermostats for winter?

Meanwhile in Queensland!

Not all of Australia is like that though! These were taken in mid spring when I travelled to Thredbo, New South Wales

I bet no one would have guessed this was Australia

Originally Posted By: eljefino

This just looks cold:

sno67623_zps5d528eea.jpg

OT but, how'd that No Farms No Food Sticker hold up? I had one of 'em a couple years back, but the first time anyone even thought of rain/carwash/wetness in general around it, it disintegrated...

as wintery Mode as i got last year:

1970420_10152220839451226_267692368_n.jpg

That's The (apparently)Obligatory Photo the Dealership takes when you buy a car.

that was on Jan 24th, and it was subzero. not a lot of blowing or snowing, just COLD... but so far this car and her Pirelli all seasons have handles the worst nature has thrown at us in years with grace and dignity.

Originally Posted By: earlyre

OT but, how'd that No Farms No Food Sticker hold up? I had one of 'em a couple years back, but the first time anyone even thought of rain/carwash/wetness in general around it, it disintegrated...

It stuck around long enough for me to see my old car with its new beatnik owner a year after I sold it. Sticker still there, dented door intact, and the license plate was only held on with one screw.

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93

I bet no one would have guessed this was Australia

Wow, I had no idea you guys got any snow at all! Learn something new everyday.

My truck is in winter mode and summer mode 365 days a year. Here is a pic of it wintering though...
IMG_2622_zpse3571886.jpg

That was a couple years ago. I was off from work that day anyway (not because of the weather), so I drove around for fun until people started ditching their cars in the middle of the road.

And this pic is from 2009, in Charlotte, NC, back when the truck looked nice from all sides. I went out to a field/dirt parking lot by the Charlotte Motor Speedway (formerly Lowe's Motor Speedway) to mess around. That was/is a common spot for people to go to do donuts and whatnot. Can't see it in the pic, but there was an FJ Cruiser out there too getting its taste of snow.
IMG_0883.jpg

Not many people realise that! When you think we are around the same size as the US though logic tells us theres enough room for a very varied land scape! These ares I went to can get well below -20c and average up to 3m (9 feet) of snow a year. Parts of Australia can even get snow in mid summer and there can be a 40c difference between north and south at any one time under certain conditions
I choose to stay in the sun though! Saves me all this hassle! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back