Bridgestone T30 Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I put on a set of T30s and after 400Mi I can say I'm happy with the performance. They grip quite well and are very neutral handling. It feels like they are less harsh on bumps than what I took off, this is a good thing as the Bandit seat leaves something to be desired.
The BT023 I took off had 2/32 left to the wear bars and they had given my 13K miles of good service. They had a tendency to wander in corners but over were quite good and well worth the money.
I'll report on grip next spring when the roads get a little warmer. Chicken strips this time of the year are limited to 3/4 of an inch.

Smoky
05 Zuki Bandit 1200

Just an FYI,

I removed the BT023's on my bike when worn.

I installed S20 Bridgestone tires on my SV1000. The tire durometer shows that the rear tire was assembled incorrectly. With the soft rubber in the center and the hard rubber on the outside. While this might seem like a fluke, I've heard of others with the same problem.

If your tire wears rapidly in the center (mine is 3/4 gone at 1000 miles of easy riding) .......

I wrote Bridgestone, sent them multiple emails, then wrote Cycle World magazine, which published my issue in the "service" section. Still, Bridgestone decided to take no action. Ugh. Not doing that again....

Last edited:
Nice! I put on a set of the T30s on earlier this year. I was coming from some squared off Pirelli Sport Demons that were getting old. The turn in from the new tires was such a big difference. I only have about 1000 miles on them, but they feel great so far, completely satisfied with the tires as well.

I'm pretty easy on the riding though, mostly a 11 mile round trip city commute on a light GS500 bike, so I expect to replace these tires when they start cracking, well before they're worn out. To be honest, I still have the mold nubs on the outer edges of the tire.

May I ask which size rear tire you fitted? Bridgestone lists the smallest available rear T30 as a 150/70. I also ride a GS500F, and I would like to know if it fits without modifications or rubbing on other parts.
Also, how do you like the grip they offer compared to the Sport Demons?

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Just an FYI,

I removed the BT023's on my bike when worn.

I installed S20 Bridgestone tires on my SV1000. The tire durometer shows that the rear tire was assembled incorrectly. With the soft rubber in the center and the hard rubber on the outside. While this might seem like a fluke, I've heard of others with the same problem.

If your tire wears rapidly in the center (mine is 3/4 gone at 1000 miles of easy riding) .......

I wrote Bridgestone, sent them multiple emails, then wrote Cycle World magazine, which published my issue in the "service" section. Still, Bridgestone decided to take no action. Ugh. Not doing that again....

I recall reading of your issue in Cycle World. I'm surprised Bridgestone opted to take no action.

I'm currently running S20's on my bike, and have been impressed by them. For a non-trackday tire, (like the BT-003) they offer good grip.

As for the T-30's, I know of several people that have been running them for about a year. They claim they offer better grip than the Michelin Pilot Road 3 & 4, but maybe slightly less longevity than those Michelin models. But they feel the better grip of the T-30, is a worthwhile tradeoff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Atesz792
May I ask which size rear tire you fitted? Bridgestone lists the smallest available rear T30 as a 150/70. I also ride a GS500F, and I would like to know if it fits without modifications or rubbing on other parts.
Also, how do you like the grip they offer compared to the Sport Demons?

I went with the 150/70 on a 4.5" wide Katana wheel. The chain is as close as I'm comfortable with. I had to bend the brake torque arm slightly as well. I went with the wider wheel to be able to run radials, and honestly, aesthetics. I wouldn't put the 150 on the stock 3.5" wheel, a 140 is probably idea. I'm sure you're on gstwins.com, but lots of good information on there.

I don't think my riding style really tests the grip of the tires. I never had any grip issues with either set of tires in the wet or dry. I really don't push it though.

Picture of tire at 1071mi, complete with the sprues still attached around the edges:
2n9ce2d.jpg

Pretty cool, the left side is worn more than the right (as expected).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back