Wipe New

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an idiot and didn't take any before pictures, but imagine very foggy, ugly, 18 year old headlights. The same for the tails, which were actually worse (probably because of the red background making the oxidation really stand out). Followed the Wipe New directions and voilà! They look excellent. The difference is significant and definitely worth the $10. Next test...how long will they last?

WP_20141026_011_zpsa6829a6e.jpg

WP_20141026_013_zpsb8678c63.jpg

And gratuitous Jeep picture because I washed it today.

WP_20141026_006_zpsc16b2c8f.jpg

Bug spray man. I know people like to say it melts headlights (personally never witnessed it) but its very effective.

Did it on 2 cars yesterday just sprayed it on and not even 5 seconds later wiped it off. And it removed the yellow/fog/haze.

Now this method will not make your headlights look brand new. But its very effect.

No scrubbing needed, just spray and wipe off with a paper towel.

The deet 40% max (I believe its called) works best. Wondered what wipe new would do to them after I used the bug spray. Figured it might make it last a little longer but personally, I simply like to spray aerosols wood clear coat on them after words.

Given the recent out of season snow, and a trip to Monster Jam in the big smoke, I bought some turtle wax headlight restorer.

Used some blue window cleaner to get the bugs off, and a lot of yellow "scum" came off on the towel, and I would have been happy enough with THAT improvement.

Turtle wax stuff did great for an apply once and scrub only a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back