Apothic Dark wine....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bottle of Apothic Merlot that was given to me as a gift. Heard good things, but haven't tried it yet. Likely will be a big wine for my palate accustomed to New York Finger Lakes reds and their milder flavors.

I am really not an expert. but let me try to describe.
It's barely sweet. Dry, but just the right amount, as it doesn't suck all the moisture out of your mouth. I'd say on a scale of 1-10 it's about a 5 for dryness. goes VERY well with chocolate, and esp. dark chocolate. Have to try more "real" foods with it. Very mildly fruity. To us, it tastes like a wine that costs about 3x the price we paid. ($10 or so at Food Lion). Not all FL stores stock it, though. Very drinkable.

Label describes as follows:
Quote:
"... “flavors of blueberry and blackberry with enticing notes of coffee and dark chocolate.."

The Apothic WHITE went incredibly well with some dark chocolate, that one could almost use that thing with desserts. The Dark is still good with sweets/dessert, but not as good as the White.

In General we like wines that are mid-dry, and only have a HINT of sweetness.

Our neighbor left a bottle of Apothic Rose (also limited issue) as a Halloween Present on our doorstep. Haven't tried that one yet...

Just opened a bottle of Apothic Red. I like it. It's quite delicate, only slightly sweet. Similar to pinot noir. Alas, I am not a big wine connoisseur. I like most wines, as long as they're not too sweet.

weird! I just got home, and I bought one the way, too !
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back