I Can't See Anything with my Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the night; both high and low beam.....even after cleaning the lenses.

So, considering my vehicle is 7 years old with original bulbs, I'm gonna try this:

343cb89470bd979b992b84a06adc8b3c_zpse7961872.jpg

Anybody else have luck with this?

PS - my vision is fine, so no "maybe it's you" comments.

Did mine a month ago with the 3M kit . Took an hour and it came out great. Then used a few coats of , Meguiar's Headlight Protectant .

Since you've already cleaned/polished the headlight lenses, now adjust them upward before replacing them with new lamps. Even with weak headlight lamps, when properly aimed or tweaked to your liking, you can see quite good at night!

After that, if you're still not happy with the degree of lighting provided at night, then(THEN) replace the bulbs/lamps.

Last edited:
I would return the Ultras, they are coated and have a short life. I would install HIR bulbs.

I feel your frustration. I feel as if my 95 Camry suffers the same fate. I know, old car and original housings but I do have HID inside. I also feel the same about my 08 BMW. Just not good enough. My 04 F150, original lamps and housing, is gr8.

I'm interested to see what comes up off your post.

Take the 9005 back and get a set of 9011.

The HIR1 upgrade (Google it if you're uncertain) is the best bang for the buck you can do.

Originally Posted By: Hollow

The HIR1 upgrade (Google it if you're uncertain) is the best bang for the buck you can do.

No.

Remember, angle adjustment is as important as everything else that you are doing in terms of cleaning the lenses and replacing the lamps.
smile.gif

Correct. Only ignorance would lead someone to use inferior headlight bulbs. Sorry, kev.

Actually the suggestion to take the 9005 back and get a set of 9011 bulbs for the high beams is 100% correct. Then take the Silverstar "Ultra" poseur bulbs back and get a set of 9012 for the low beams, also 100% correct.

You will not see any lumen advantage (but rather the opposite a disadvantage) with the bulb products you have purchased according to the specs:

Stock 9006....1000 lumens:
LL Bulbs have less than stock output by ~50-100 lumen...that is how they get more life out of them.

Stock 9005....1700 lumens:
The short lived SS"Ultra" ~1750 lumens can't hold a candle to the HIR ~2350 lumens, no matter how much you pay for them.

You can get better quality, proper performing bulbs for less money on Amazon.ca

I encourage you to do some homework to check everything which I have stated above, which will without doubt be confirmed. Also don't simply point your headlamps higher...proper aiming is essential for peripheral vision as well as safety for oncoming traffic.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KevGuy

No.

Well, then ignore easiest and best upgrade and stop complaining if you won't take advice.

Why ask if you don't want answers?

No.

Well, then ignore easiest and best upgrade and stop complaining if you won't take advice.

Why ask if you don't want answers?

I wasn't complaining.

The OP will be lucky if he gets a year out of the 'ultras'

The title of this thread suggests that the OP is vocally expressing their disappointment with the performance of their headlamps...aka complaining to the mass public.

Often in public forums the OP wants verbal affirmation that the direction they are proceeding is the best one, especially if they have already dropped coin. Whether it is the most effective or best value is rarely the objective.

Last edited:

I said I wasn't complaining you stupid dolt.

And with an attitude like this, I hope no one offers you any more advice.

Grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back