Video review/test - Noco Genius Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Are you going to keep this in the glove-box? If so, will you periodically check it to see if it is still holding the charge?

Does it have cigarette lighter socket? That is can I plug in a 12V accessory to it?

I'm going to keep it in the trunk. And yes it comes with a cigarette lighter 2.1 amp usb port that you can use today keep its plugged in or just charge it. You can also use it for charging other usb devices.

34rva4i.jpg

Also here is the voltage comparison with unit powering in manual over ride vs just unit on. Unit does output about 0.447v when powered on at the clamps.

2rnyfbq.jpg

9jdug4.jpg

I think you misunderstood; I want to able to plug my 12V spotlight in to Noco; so Noco needs to have 12V receptacle socket. Do they provide an adapter or something like that?

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Can you daisy chain charge it? Like charge off the Noco's usb port while it is connected to a charger itself?

I will test for that this possibly tonight or this weekend and report back.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I am still waiting for my insurance money pay out :)

Seriously, do you really want to try shorting it? I probably will not but you might have more guts than I do!

I still won't short it but I did buy this and will open it up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004IUEHYS

From one review I saw the capacity is supposed to be approximately 6850 mah, but I am doubting that they are going to leave any markings on the battery pack to identify it. Either way we'll get to see what's going on inside!

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Can you daisy chain charge it? Like charge off the Noco's usb port while it is connected to a charger itself?

I got mine today, and can report that this works! I love it!

You tested the daisy chain and it works?

You tested the daisy chain and it works?

I did and it does. I was reading through the user guide, and it recommends not doing this due to 'FCC regulations'
Not sure what regulation Im breaking by using it in this configuration. But, Ill probably keep doing it. not all the time of course, but whenever it needs to be topped up.

I have to mention too, that the battery clamps @#%$@#& impress me. They are heavier than the battery pack!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back