Toyota 6000 truck - didn't know they existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a Spring Fair yesterday in a town called Portland...daughter was dancing, and picked up some concrete gnomes for the garden.

Was the day preceding a show and shine, and some of the people had turned up early.

Love these old International trucks.
InterOutside.jpg

Spend a heap of seat time in one as a little tacker, my Grandad had a fruit and vegetable shop, and had one of these. Long wheelbase with a wooden bed, and a green canvas tarp/tent, (that we could ride in on Saturdays if we were).

Ever Wednesday when he went to market, he'd pick me up on the way past our town, and I'd spend a few days "working" in the fruit shop.

InterDashboard.jpg

Would love to get one and camperise it maybe...

But this one really took my eye...a Toyota.

Toyota.jpg

ToyotaInterior.jpg

I doubt this engine was built for TGMO.
Toyotadonk.jpg

Cool pics!

We didn't have IHs in the states that looked like that, as far as I know anyway.

Both are neat looking trucks. Any idea of when they are from? I'm guessing early 1970s?

Didn't know toyota did big trucks. I know they are related somehow to Hino. Maybe this is a Hino badged as a toyota, typical badge engineering?

Cool pics. Love old trucks.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Cool pics!

We didn't have IHs in the states that looked like that, as far as I know anyway.

Both are neat looking trucks. Any idea of when they are from? I'm guessing early 1970s?

We (Oz) got a heap of trucks around that size, some a little smaller (normal rims)...made by IH in Oz, and variously branded IH or Dodge.

Couldn't refine the search, but you get the drift.

I love the snorkels found on trucks over there like the green truck has in the first pic. As many as I have seen like that there has to be a function of them. I'm guessing it's most likely due to the dust encountered in the back country, and the higher the snorkel the better the chance of sucking clean air.

That, or yall got some real deep water crossings over there...

Getting the air intake up out of the bulldust and gravel is the aim...

Had some issues with my Nissan and the air intake in the wheel well back in 2010 and fitted a snorkel to my Nissan myself.

Nissan sucked water

Post install, the air filter doesn't really get that dirty, just a few more legs and wings from bugs when I take it out...

I do remember seeing some of those Toyota trucks, but doubt if any survived over here, they would've rusted away.

The International and Dodge shared that cab, but had different chassis and running gear. I once had a Dodge AT4 pickup, with the slant 6, it was a nice truck to drive, but lacked grunt. Before that I had an International pickup, an earlier model, more truck like and heaps of grunt.

Other than the steering wheel being on the wrong side,
sick.gif
,I didn't know Toyota made big trucks

Both the Inter and Toyota have 2 speed diffs - I wonder if the Toyota has an Eaton fitted, or one of Toyota's own making?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back