Liquid Moly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly prefer the Mobil 1 filter over any Wix and would buy them more often if I could get them with oil change specials, but I'm well stocked up on filters for now.

I know that the Wix combos valve affects the ISO testing procedure but what I am not sure of is how that translates into real world filtration. I am not familiar with the exact oil pressure used in the test. I am trying to get more information.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Originally Posted By: Clevy
Fram makes great filters,the ultra is as good as it gets b

We're on the same page with most lubrication matters but I disagree that Ultra is as good as it gets in canister type oil filters. A flaw in their design is the location of the by-pass valve at the bottom of the can. Any debris that at the bottom of the can or that is flushed past the outside of the media will be drawn unfiltered into the engine when the valve opens.
The Motorcraft, Mobil and WIX designs have a superior by-pass arrangement where that can't happen.

I agree, if the filter has a bypass. I believe most GM engines have the bypass in the engine block (filter mounting area) and therefore do not have a bypass in the filter, so the Ultra would be fine for those (pricy though). I use mostly Motorcraft oil filters for the bypass location at the thread end, and at $3.99 a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back