Tough older guy shoots home invaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Apollo14
^ I watched Lone Survivor last night and I thought those SEALS were tough!

LOL RIGHT? hahaha

This Old man has more cajones then your typical man.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Definitely tough! An armed society is a safe society.

Plenty of significantly safer societies in the world who are not armed.......However no looking back now as the damage is done and out there.

Hope this older gentlemen pulls through okay.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Did the grandfather open the front door, or did the thugs break down the door ?

Never open your front door to any stranger.

in the listed article, one guy was there asking for water for his broke down car. Then 2 other guys with ski masks and guns forced their way in.

Apparently one of the thugs "brandon" was known to the family?? I'm thinking they would have all been killed.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Did the grandfather open the front door, or did the thugs break down the door ?

Never open your front door to any stranger.

in the listed article, one guy was there asking for water for his broke down car. Then 2 other guys with ski masks and guns forced their way in.

Apparently one of the thugs "brandon" was known to the family?? I'm thinking they would have all been killed.

If they were going to rape the daughter, i think the likelihood of them being killed is pretty high. I don't think they would leave witnesses to a robbery beating and a rape. But who knows?

Last edited:
In a home invasion like this you're on your own. Just imagine the outcome if this homeowner was not armed.

People have 2 of dealing with each other, reason and force. If you want someone to do something, you have a choice. Either you convince them with an argument, or force them to do your bidding with the threat of force and violence.

If I have a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason to persuade me.

Those that argue for gun control would enable the young and the strong and that defeats a rational civilized society. An armed criminal can only succeed in a society where the government has granted him a force monopoly by passing gun control.

Be wary of any politician that would trade your freedom for his/her ambition.

Yep.

Call 911 and STAY LOCKED INSIDE your house. Blast their [censored] if they try to enter. Sorry, but I don't open my front door to any guy with a broken down car in front of my house.

Yep.

Call 911 and STAY LOCKED INSIDE your house. Blast their [censored] if they try to enter. Sorry, but I don't open my front door to any guy with a broken down car in front of my house.

I don't open my door unless I'm 100% certain of who is on the other side of it. Broken down car in front of my house, they can walk less than half a mile to a service station. LOL

Here's how we roll in Oz.

Guy comes home to be met with a home invasion, wrestle ensues, one of the ambushers is shot with his own gun, and a manslaughter charge...seems to be not of sound character in the first instance...but he didn't ambush, nor bring the gun to the party.

If the grandpa was not not armed and this turned out worse the media would be saying we need more gun control to prevent these things(yea that's gonna work).
Lets see how much national coverage this gets since a good guy used a gun to stop the bad guys.

When someone comes knocking at my door, they hear my two German Shepherds barking. IMO that's a better deterrent than a gun. However, if they can get past the dogs, I have a nine waiting for that purpose. Good job gramps!

Unless it's a mom and her Girl Scout daughters with a flat tire in front of my house, I will keep my door locked and Glock ready for the unexpected.

Guns or no guns, don't advertise that you keep loads of cash in your house!

Hope he pulls through and too bad the surviving criminals, didn't. They are and will be a drain to society.

There are a lot of paranoid people in here.

I'm glad the bad people died and the good people didn't.

I'll go only a little off topic. I'm not paranoid, but I do not feel required to answer my door just because I'm home when the doorbell rings. I have a 1" peephole and if I do not like the look of the person, or see sales tools (clipboard, folder, etc.) I just don't open the door.

If I REALLY didn't like the look of the person I would grab the Ruger P85 and be ready. Still would not answer the door, of course.

We use an intercom. I should probably get a camera to go with it.

If you enter and leave your house through a garage be aware of the danger there also.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I'll go only a little off topic. I'm not paranoid, but I do not feel required to answer my door just because I'm home when the doorbell rings. I have a 1" peephole and if I do not like the look of the person, or see sales tools (clipboard, folder, etc.) I just don't open the door.

If I REALLY didn't like the look of the person I would grab the Ruger P85 and be ready. Still would not answer the door, of course.

Yeah.... my wife's policy is that she simply doesn't answer the front door, ever. Anybody she cares to talk to knows her phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back