TGMO or MGMO which is more desirable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Koz1
TGMO or MGMO which is more desirable?
I can get TGMO very easily MGMO would be a couple hours and a border crossing.

Hi Koz1,

We don't know anywhere near as much about how the Idemitsu made Mazda moly 0W-20 fairs in service as we do for TGMO.
The one UOA of MGMO I've seen seemed to imply it's more shear prone than TGMO, of course that's just one UOA.
But since TGMO is cheaper anyway that's what I would (and do) go with.

Regarding the Mitzu 0W-20. When I checked this oil out a couple of years ago they were using the same Idemitsu GF-4 SM oil as Honda Canada but were charging more for it.
The current Idemitsu made Honda 0W-20 has been relabelled to just say "exceeds the requirements of SL/SM and GF-5" and also doesn't have API approval. So it could still be the same SM high moly oil as before or even the same as the US MGMO but only a VOA would tell us. Besides it costs $8.35/L.
If you snap a photo of the current Mitzo 0W-20 and/or tell me what is says on the bottle we might have a better idea of what's in it.

Ok Thank you Ill buy a bottle and post a pic in a few days.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Why not Mobil 1 AFE 0w20, it s good as anything out there despite all the hype about the others.

M1 is close to $50 here in Canada. TGMO is half that price.

OP stick with the TGMO. It's an excellent oil.

Not only that but M1 0W-20 is really intended for 5W-20 applications.
For Japanese applications oils like TGMO and MGMO are more suitable being much lighter at typical start-up temp's and also have higher AW additive levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back