2014 Jetta TDI any better than yrs ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the 6 is more driver-orineted than almost all mid-size cars in that price range, BUT still very comfortable. Our 6 is also my wife's primary car and not mine. She drives it 99% of the time, and feels it's VERY comfortable. She preferred the seats of the 6 over the Passat seats.

I liked the seats in the Mazda6 Touring.
smile.gif

I did not like the 19 inch wheels.
frown.gif

I did not like the seats in the Mazda6 Sport.
frown.gif

I did like the 17 inch wheels on the Sport.
smile.gif

That may sound silly, but it is true.

I did not like the seats in the 2013 Accord LX and EX.
The 2013 Passat's leatherette interior was much nicer.
Before you say that's an unfair comparison, I am comparing by price. The Accord EX-L was several thousand higher.

We have the leatherette in our 6 touring...it's very nice.
yeah the 19" wheels - a bit overkill.
BUT if one likes the seats, buying the touring and selling/swapping the 19" to a sport owner is EASY on Mazda forums. Then you have best of both.

I did think about the wheel swap, but was concerned that the loaded radius of the two might be significantly different, given that the vehicle specs for ground clearance are 0.3" less on the Sport vs the Touring and GT.

Anyway, if money were no object, I'd buy myself a Touring with MT. In reality, I'd better hang on to my 18 year old i30 another year.

BTW, which Mazda forum do you prefer?

Sorry OP, this is getting far off topic.

She should drive both then decide. You can look at a car all day and read reviews till you're blue in the face. But none of it matters --> Be your own judge.

Just sayin'

Of for the record, the Mazda 6 is GORGEOUS

If you like the current trend of teardrop exterior styling then the Mazdas look good. But if you don't, and prefer more conservative lines then it doesn't look as well. Personally, I think the way the trunk area and lower rear fascia converge so tightly looks like a pinched off turd, and that is not just on the Mazda but other cars that utilize similar converging lines (pinch off) styling at the rear. But for the same reason turds are pinched off at the end, I guess that type of rear styling is functional in that it prevents the air slipstream from slamming shut.

She chose and bought 2014 Jetta TDI the other day along with a premium service plan.

Originally Posted By: needsducktape
She should drive both then decide. You can look at a car all day and read reviews till you're blue in the face. But none of it matters --> Be your own judge.

Just sayin'

Of for the record, the Mazda 6 is GORGEOUS

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

Excellent choice and a known quantity to her. The DSG service is pricier then automatic service. I won't suggest other cars like people here and their favorites to validate myself.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Originally Posted By: BearZDefect

If she is in sales where clients and prospects see her car, a VW might present better than a Toyota or Mazda.

well, we're talking about the Jetta specifically here though...not just any VW.
I am not sure if a Jetta presents better than a Mazda 3 or a Mazda 6 ... (which also gets around 38-39 MPG hwy - real life numbers on our 6, the 3 might get around 40 MPG), they both look / present way better than the Jetta, IMO.

2014_volkswagen_jetta-pic-4632765711790424986.jpeg

Mazda3_2647769b.jpg

08-2014-mazda6-lt.jpg

I love the looks of the Jetta. I am a sucker for clean lines and a style that ages slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back