TGMO or MGMO which is more desirable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get TGMO very easily MGMO would be a couple hours and a border crossing.

Whatever is easier to get, so TGMO.
Plus less expensive as I get it for $5.74 Cdn per liter at my dealer.
You would be adding 14% to your cost for MGMO in the US due to exchange rate.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Why not Mobil 1 AFE 0w20, it s good as anything out there despite all the hype about the others.

Exactly- unless the others are less money.

Originally Posted By: Koz1

Another question MitsuGMO is it as good as TGMO?

The answer to that question is going to be opinion based, I seriously doubt you will get an answer based on facts. Use what is cheaper and easiest to get between the two oils. I doubt the difference in life expectancy of your engine can be calculated using one vs. the other.

I cant find a VOA of MitsuGMO do you have any facts on that oil?

Sorry I don't have any facts on either of the oils. I'm sure what I said in my earlier post holds true though. I'd get what is easiest for you to get. Or what you think is best.

If you can find any factual data to prove which oil is better please post it. I'm sure a lot of members, myself included would love to see it.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Trav
Why not Mobil 1 AFE 0w20, it s good as anything out there despite all the hype about the others.

Exactly- unless the others are less money.

M1 Hard to find below $30 for 5 quarts in Canada. Regular price at Wally World is $45.
TGMO is $5.74 per liter or $5.50 per quart/$27.50 5 quarts everyday.

Last edited:

No oil is worth driving a couple of hours for with or without a border crossing.

Your going to hear different answers on this topic. Both are great oils, so I would go with whichever is the cheapest of the two. I have used TGMO 0w20 in the past and it ran great in my Accord. I went with M1 0w20 this go around because it was only $22 for 5 quarts. Plus many on here give it a great rating. The main advantage of TGMO and other OEM 0w20 is that they are very light on start up, does it make a difference in wear? I dont know. If TGMO is cheaper than the Mazda and M1 then it's a no brainer, go with the TGMO.

Use the cheapest. There isn't enough between then to make it worth driving across street for as far as your engine is concerned, they all meet the required spec.
If you want the "best" for your own feel good factor thats another story but the engine could care less.

A better question might be whether it would be worth going to a lot of trouble and expense to obtain MGMO.
I think the answer is pretty obvious.

Originally Posted By: sir1900

No oil is worth driving a couple of hours for with or without a border crossing.

If one is coming here to shop or see a game or whatever, it might be worth it but not for a special trip. Mobil 1 AFE is $25.17 for a 5 qt. jug at Wal-Mart here, so he's probably better off getting the TGMO locally...

Plus (If we're talking about Buffalo, NY), one of the Mazda dealers is run by total jack offs anyways.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back