I have a Royal Purple filter on since 1/29/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Royal Purple oil filter that's been on my 2zz-ge for almost two years. About 7600 miles elapsed, three oil changes (with the last one done two months ago). It's been through a mix of long highway drives and super short city drives. There was a period of time where I had a hole in my air filter, hence the last oil change (left the filter because I forgot I didn't have one with me).

Anyway, it's not too severe, but the two years is interesting to see how well the mesh backed syn media holds up. And also if there are any fun things stuck to it when I had that air filter hole. So if I take it off within the next month, anyone have a good camera and the proper cutting tools to open it? I'll send it. Or maybe I'll go for a third year.

I've had an M1-209 on the 3 since about June, and it's got roughly 7,600 miles on it. I've also been the primary driver putting 13,000 miles on the CX-9 since then.

Man... I drive a lot.

Originally Posted By: CT8
How did you get a hole in the air filter?

It was a poor quality cone filter. The center cap fell out.

Photos here

Last edited:
I would change your oil imeediately after seeing that air filter. Change your oil and filter, get a new Air Filter, and get a sample of that oil coming out to check for abnormal wear or contamination.

CRAZY.

Jeff

I predict that it will look like a used oil filter, and the exercise of cutting it open won't really be that satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back