Cooper Zeon RS3-A Long Term Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently running the RS3-A as the winter tire for my 2007 Mazdaspeed 3; I currently have 40,500 miles on them and they are still quiet and vibration free- I rotate them every 5,000 to 7,500 using the forward cross pattern. They perform as well or better than the P Zero Nero All Seasons that they replaced- and the Pirellis were all done by 38,900 miles. I expect to get @10,000 more miles out of the Coopers. I might try the Pilot Sport A/S 3 next, but in any case the RS3-A is an excellent UHP all season tire.

I put a set of these on my 09 CTS. No snow yet but rain and dry performance has been great. They are not as soft as the DWS so feels more stable in the corners.

Much better than the oem Michelin they replaced.

Being in Kentucky you'd probably be okay with the Pilot Sport A/S 3s for winter use, but for anyone who gets any appreciable amount of snow, they're not a good option.

I almost bought those tires for my SI a few months ago. I did myself end up with the Pilot Sport A/S3 and I am very happy with them. I ended up getting them on sale for not much more than I would have paid for the Coops. I would recommend the A/S3 after my 1-2 months of use. Quiet. Good grip, decent ride.

Glad you like the Coops though... I would even consider trying those after my A/S3's honestly...

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Being in Kentucky you'd probably be okay with the Pilot Sport A/S 3s for winter use, but for anyone who gets any appreciable amount of snow, they're not a good option.

Right; I just want to be able to get around in typical Kentucky winter weather. I have winter tires on the Wrangler if things get really bad.

The pilot sport as/3 are likely at least as good as the cooper rs3-a in the winter.

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
This thread is about the Coops...not the Michis. There are plenty enough threads on the Pilots.

Tell that to the OP. He's the one who first brought up the Michelins.

The main thing that would keep me from going with the Coopers again is the fact that the tire shop I use no longer carries the brand. The shop is locally owned and the staff has always given my family first class service and I hate to roll the dice with another shop...

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
This thread is about the Coops...not the Michis. There are plenty enough threads on the Pilots.

Tell that to the OP. He's the one who first brought up the Michelins.

True...OP's thread...

actually its about both as its mentioned in the first post.

People were warning about the pilot as/3 in the winter.

they are better than these cooper zeons

neither is great for the snow belt, but where the OP is.. if the zeon all-seasons worked the pilot as/3 certainly wouldn't be worse.

Therefore the warning is invalid IMO.

the coopers are also made in china if that matters.

Also the price difference can be nearly double.

for example the beginning of october sale was 170$ off less than 500$ or aprox 330$

the michelins were 198$x4 -150 or ~650

are pilot as/3 better ... yes are they that much better? who knows.. depends on what car you are putting them on... among other things.

Last edited:
Guys on several of the Mustang forums give the Coopers high marks both the RS3-A and the RS3-S. For an all season the RS3-A delivers a real surprising amount of dry grip. It's a well engineered tire line that according to Cooper took several years to develop.

Originally Posted By: Rand
the coopers are also made in china if that matters.

^^^THIS is the main reason they are not on my car as we speak.
frown.gif

But, IF the quality is there, and the price were low enough (like OVER $30.00 a tire difference between these and the BFG Super Sport all seasons I use), I would consider them in the future IF they don't drop my size as most other manufacturers have.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
Guys on several of the Mustang forums give the Coopers high marks both the RS3-A and the RS3-S. For an all season the RS3-A delivers a real surprising amount of dry grip. It's a well engineered tire line that according to Cooper took several years to develop.

I would have considered the RS3-S for my summer tires IF they made them in my size (245, or 255/50-16), like they do for the RS3-A.

The Made in China badge is the one thing that has me angry. Love the Zeon's otherwise.

The Tire shop told me the Zeons were made in the USA (I do think the summer tires are: RS3-S)

Having said that, made in China doesn't mean inferior quality-

The iPhone and most Apple products are made in China and most people regard that brand as very high quality.

China builds things to a MANUFACTURER'S specification.
The Coopers perform better than most other tires I've had on my car, bottom line.

Still, I try to put my money where my mouth is and if I can buy MADE in the USA, I will.

Last edited:
The RS3-As on my MS3 are made in the USA while the ones on my son's X3 are made in China. Both are performing equally well.

These are OEM tires on Focuses? Friend of mine has a '14 Focus and it has these from the factory.

I didn't know Cooper was doing OE tires!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back