Bosch Icon Wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today at Canadian Tire I purchased 2 new 22 inch Bosch Icons for my 2011 F150.
I noticed that there were 2 in each size (Clearly marked A or B on the package). The drawing on the back showed an "A" on the drivers side and either an "A" or "B" on the pass side. (Apparantly for curvature of the windshield) I had parts look them up and sure enough my application showed "A" on the drivers side and "B" on the pass side. Partsman said it was a new thing but at Can Tire who knows?

At home unpackaged they look exactly the same with the same amount of arch and flexability /spring. Bar code is different on both packages though.

Im just curious if anyone else has noticed this??? Im not sure if the Bosch Evolution wipers were like this or not.

Stick to whatever Bosch recommends on their site for installation and sizing. The Canadian Tire application guide has been mistaken in the past, notably on my Town Car.
wink.gif

Yeah Can Tire is hit and miss for sure. I let a tape measure decide on size. The "partperson" is also usually pretty useless too. Yesterday he was selling toilet brushes but today he is selling auto parts. They do try though.

Originally Posted By: gpguy
Yeah Can Tire is hit and miss for sure.

I followed CT's guide for Town Car wipers years ago, and the post hole was way too small. I returned them without a hassle, fortunately. The dealer blades were actually cheaper. These days, I avoid Canadian Tire or Partsource for blades unless it's an incredible deal on a preferred brand (like the Bosch), but I find out what I'm buying before I get there.

I also know that the markup on blades in Canada is even worse than it is for motor oil. Canadian Tire isn't paying a penny over $10 for even the most expensive blade in their store, which is well north of $30 retail. Blades don't take a lot of space, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back