The new Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: millerbl00
That' not fair. I am trying to help by showing the big companies just want your $$. My neighbor is retired and up in age. Just bought a vehicle with a turbo. His last vehicle was non-turbo. Never changed the oil. But he managed to get by. I tried to help him before he bought. He did not even know he has a turbo. Did no research just wrote a check. Do you think the dealerships cares that the turbo will give out with no oil changes? Or he just wasted $40k? No all they care about is the $$.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
I think this tread has proven that when you spend the big $$$ you don't want to hear you may have made a mistake.

karma always catches up to trolls.

you somehow take personal offense to how other people spend their money. do people pay too much for vehicles? how do you know objectively? you dont. thats part of the game of life. get worked up all you want over something you have absolutely no control over. i'd say take some xanex but whats the point of wasting internet bytes.

Last edited:
Buying a $50k truck with a unproven 8 speed trans among other things without seeing if it gonna hold up does not seem smart to me. I have "smarten up" a bit. I learned from my mistakes and don't trust big auto and I wait to see what problems develop before I buy the first year model changes.

Nope, you haven't. Not a bit.

The ZF 8 speed has been in Jaguars, Bentleys, BMW's and many more for YEARS! Far from unproven, it is durable in nearly 6000 pound AWD vehicles with 600 foot pounds of torque.

And secondly, I paid just a couple hundred over 40k. An outrageous bargain as well.

Sorry, but all you are is a curmudgeon...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Miller88

SteveSRT8 - can you provide a picture of the rear tracbar setup?

I'll post more photos this weekend...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Miller88

SteveSRT8 - can you provide a picture of the rear tracbar setup?

I'll post more photos this weekend...

Hey buddy! Drive it in good health! I'm looking forward to the pics.

I think this tread has proven that when you spend the big $$$ you don't want to hear you may have made a mistake.

This is also very evident over in the motorcycle section...

Dodge is not a Jaguar, Bentley, or BMW will it work in a full size truck? Sorry $40k for a truck is a lot.

Same thing I was told when I bought a VVT Chevy. Its been done for years, just not by Chevy. The VVT in the Chevy did not even make it to 40k miles.

Sorry, but all you are is a person who would trust big business over common sense.

Buying a $50k truck with a unproven 8 speed trans among other things without seeing if it gonna hold up does not seem smart to me. I have "smarten up" a bit. I learned from my mistakes and don't trust big auto and I wait to see what problems develop before I buy the first year model changes.

Nope, you haven't. Not a bit.

The ZF 8 speed has been in Jaguars, Bentleys, BMW's and many more for YEARS! Far from unproven, it is durable in nearly 6000 pound AWD vehicles with 600 foot pounds of torque.

And secondly, I paid just a couple hundred over 40k. An outrageous bargain as well.

Sorry, but all you are is a curmudgeon...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: whip

Thanks for pooping all over my thread!

is it just me, or does he only show up to complain in threads about new trucks?

The thread about Nick's grandma's Cmax hybrid went pretty much exactly like this too. How one draws a comparison between a used Silverado and a new Cmax is hard to figure.

My question...if people should not buy new trucks because it supports "Big Auto," where will the used trucks come from? Because Steve is buying this Ram, a Silverado that hasn't been up for sale in a decade will be back on the market.

Dodge is not a Jaguar, Bentley, or BMW will it work in a full size truck? Sorry $40k for a truck is a lot.

Same thing I was told when I bought a VVT Chevy. Its been done for years, just not by Chevy. The VVT in the Chevy did not even make it to 40k miles.

Sorry, but all you are is a person who would trust big business over common sense.

All you are doing is proving my point. Curmudgeon. Look it up.

[censored] all over the thread, contributing nothing. Good job.

Now to address your complete ignorance. IT"S THE SAME TRANS. Get it? It's not new or unproven in any way. And its torque capacity exceeds the need, even with Hemi power.

And remember, sense is never common, this thread and your comments PROVE it...

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Because Steve is buying this Ram, a Silverado that hasn't been up for sale in a decade will be back on the market.

Yep, a darn clean example, too! Make me an offer!

New Michelins, absolutely everything except rear seat DVD, and in perfect running condition.

Originally Posted By: grampi

This is also very evident over in the motorcycle section...

Of course it is, to the curmudgeons...

That' not fair. I am trying to help by showing the big companies just want your $$. My neighbor is retired and up in age. ....

What you are doing is minding other people's business (if you want to speak about "not fair" (with a pouty lip
cry.gif
)) . While there may be people who need that, I don't see any of them on this thread, particularly not the original poster. Do you really have so little respect for other people that you think your judgement is automatically relevant to their situation, or even superior? And to the extend that you have some right to badger them about it? By all indications, the OP is quite capable of making his own decisions at this point in his life.

I have more arbitration experience than most so I know how the auto dealers can really run your day.

Its not about respect its about informing the public.

If people don't like opinions don't post.

I have more arbitration experience than most so I know how the auto dealers can really run your day.

Its not about respect its about informing the public.

If people don't like opinions don't post.

Change that to "misinform" and it would be more accurate. Don't like the thread? Then take your own advice and don't post.

That Trans has never been put in a DODGE FRAME!

Can you get any more ridiculous? I don't understand your point at all. In what way is it any different in a Dodge, than it is in a BMW, or Mercedes, or Bentley? I'm fairly sure the engines it is backing in those uses are higher power output than it will see in the Dodge. They are made for track use. That is to say, long periods of high stress, high heat scenarios, and are built accordingly. Strangely, those use cases line up pretty well with towing and hauling.

How do you know they lined up the trans to the frame correctly? Ford made a change to their frames in the mid 90's causing severe alignment issues in there F150's and they did NOT warranty it.

Why does everyone think the car manufacturers are infallible? You trust them that much??

Last edited:
Thanks for the name calling. Just remember I did not start calling names or using derogatory comments.

Last edited:
Thanks for the name calling. Just remember I did not start calling names or using derogatory comments.

You are purely derogatory, and have been so before in other threads. What's new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back