anything that better then Pepto-Bismol ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im travel to south american ( Argentina ) tomorrow to visit wife family also take some time off and relax for a month. Well to be honest, I have weak stomach, if I ate a food that I dont normally ate or really spicy foods, I can get upset stomach/diarrhea
mad.gif
, I was thinking bring a bottle of pepto, some vick day/night... tylenol ... I was wonder anything that work better and faster or prevent upset stomach or diarrhea then pepto ? thank you.

Acid Reducers
Prescription - Omeprazole (I think this is generic Prilosc)

Non Prescription - Ranitidine (Zantac generic) 75 milligrams, in a big bottle of 120-150 tablets for around $10 at Wal-Mart.

Diarrhea - Loperamide (Immodium generic)

All are pills..

Last edited:
Immodium can help - also watch out for Malaria carrying mosquitoes if you are in the far north. I found the food there very high quality, especially the meats, and rather bland so I doubt you will have any problems. Water in Buenos Aries is potable too. Hope you can make it to Patagonia - world's best fishing!

The PB tablets are handy for travel, just get a big box.

remember this is not for heart burn, just a emergency/prevent diarrhea situation. I dont have a heart burn problem. Sorry if this topic is uncomfortable because of diarrhea topic.

Originally Posted By: NO2
Immodium can help - also watch out for Malaria carrying mosquitoes if you are in the far north. I found the food there very high quality, especially the meats, and rather bland so I doubt you will have any problems. Water in Buenos Aries is potable too. Hope you can make it to Patagonia - world's best fishing!

The PB tablets are handy for travel, just get a big box.

Is that by Chile ? we plan on visiting Chile also

I always drink a little pepto before I go fishing.

Never have to go until 8 hours later stuffsa like magic. But I fish on the beach so its not like I can walk to the woods I have to drive 10-15 mins to nearest store.

When I have intestinal issues, Pepto works best for me. The others seem to fall far short. However, everyone is different.

Also note, I need to take significantly more than the typical dose for results.

I would have a bottle of DGL Ultra with you. Can be had at vitamin shoppe for around $12 a bottle. Great stuff

Enjoy your trip and be safe.

Jeff

Last edited:
The probably have better stuff in Argentina. Years and years ago when I was a youngster going to Mexico you could get all kinds of pharmaceuticals over the counter that in the states would require a prescription in the Estado Unitos,Don't know about Argentina thoug

For diarria, probably the immodium. Some pepto might not be a bad idea. There used to be peptobismuth tablet, not sure if they still sell them, if so get both. Having said that, sometimes you get diarria for a reason, so stopping it too early is not always the best. You might want to let nature get rid of what is irritating you before taking the immodium. Let your body clean out what it does not like a bit, then take the immodium.

Originally Posted By: CT8
The probably have better stuff in Argentina. Years and years ago when I was a youngster going to Mexico you could get all kinds of pharmaceuticals over the counter that in the states would require a prescription in the Estado Unitos,Don't know about Argentina thoug

That's why I suggested Kaolin and Morphine.
I remember being able to get it over the counter in the Caribbean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back