Johnlite emergency light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my neighbour gave me an emergency lamp that he bought years ago but he never got around to use it or even take it out of the box. I recharged it and it operated normally, a month later the lamp doesn't work, I suspected a busted battery and upon disassembly the 6V battery only measures 2.2 V, time for a new one. Then I measure the voltage when charging just to make sure that the control board is fine and I found that the charging voltage is 14.56 V.

Then I removed the battery and connected the terminals to a power supply and the lamp turns on in 12V but also in 5V.

Now I don't know what to do. Do the logic board failed? but manages to turn on the light with 12V and 5V. Or they put the wrong battery in the factory??
zj8ghg.jpg

Hook a different 6V battery up to check its charging voltage. Doing it with no load, and a cheap DVOM, will read super-high.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
way off topic but whats tht blue circle on his meter for? left side with npn and pnp on it? all mine have that too.

Testing transistors

That is to measure the amplification factor of a bipolar transistor and said transistors come in two types according to their construction PNP or NPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back