LIVID - Ford Denied warranty on our 14' Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Anies
You cannot clean your interior with most standard automotive products (per dealer).

We did get the one piece of trim replaced (car was at the dealer for 3 days!). They refuse to change the shifter trim though and said it wasn't brought to their attention and ford won't cover it! So I'm back to square one on the second piece of trim. This is such a joke of an experience.

Discussion with the dealer and service manager was moot. They abide strictly to Ford procedure and refuse to go out of their way to rectify it. My wife is all but fed up and swore the brand off.

Anies...you need to send a certified return receipt requested snail mail to the CEO of Ford, Mark Fields.

Try to explain your situation in less than one page. Be brief and to the point, and tell them what you want done. Also make sure to indicate that if this situation cannot be rectified you will have to consider another make next time you are in the market for a new car. It will get fixed this way.

If you're going to start writing letters, go with brevity, as antiqueshell recommends, but also do the good|bad|good format.

I would start with a positive statement about the product, then state the problem (warranty process, dealer service, etc), then end on a positive and polite note.

Originally Posted By: Mykl
If you're going to start writing letters, go with brevity, as antiqueshell recommends, but also do the good|bad|good format.

I would start with a positive statement about the product, then state the problem (warranty process, dealer service, etc), then end on a positive and polite note.

I am planning on doing exactly that next week.

I have to drive 1.5 hours to the dealer from which I bought my car to get a motor mount replaced.

[good]I appreciate dealer A's excellent service and willingness to work with me
[bad] Dealer B is unacceptable
[good] Next ford will come from dealer A

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I am planning on doing exactly that next week.

I have to drive 1.5 hours to the dealer from which I bought my car to get a motor mount replaced.

[good]I appreciate dealer A's excellent service and willingness to work with me
[bad] Dealer B is unacceptable
[good] Next ford will come from dealer A

Ah yeah, the good ol' turd sandwich...

Two yummy slices of bread with a piece of [censored] in the middle.

One of the reasons I dont use 303 protectant as much any more is that it messed up some of the soft-touch coated plastics in my saab. I ended up replacing one part where it was most obvious, but a few others it is a bit tacky even today.

And that was something as benign as 303.

I typically only ever use a Wool-Lite/water mixture with microfiber towels to clean my interiors anymore. Works well and smells nice.

I didn't start using Wool-Lite because I thought my car interiors were as delicate as a wedding gown. I started using it on a tip from a professional auto detailer who said it was cheap and effective.

The guy who recommended it was right. It's super cheap, and as far as I can tell it works just as well as expensive boutique car care products.

I didn't start using Wool-Lite because I thought my car interiors were as delicate as a wedding gown. I started using it on a tip from a professional auto detailer who said it was cheap and effective.

The guy who recommended it was right. It's super cheap, and as far as I can tell it works just as well as expensive boutique car care products.
Car wash shampoo?

Sorry all, been hectic with work and some personal issues here at the homestead. i'll have to draft up a letter and pass it to our editorial department at work to have them spruce it up before sending off. what a chore this has become but it needs doing.

Originally Posted By: Anies
Get called today by the service manager, and he says ford denied it.they needed to submit images to the digitizer department and they claimed it was the fault of a petroleum based cleaner?

What petroleum based cleaner?

Its good at cleaning, but leaves no protection. I use Meguiars Natural Shine. Cleans and protects in one step. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back