Warren Synthetic Blend 5w-30 $2.99 Qt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just was wondering, I did a search and couldn't find an answer. Is this an OK oil to run 4k miles? The local Piggly Wiggly has it for $2.99 a qt. It is SN rated. Thanks.

You're not noting what you want to use it in or how you use the vehicle, but I'm sure that the oil would be up for 4K and probably a good bit more in an application for which an API spec 5W-30 is recommended.

I would be using it in a 2003 Buick Century and changing it out ever 4k miles. The vehicle see's 140 mile round trip drives on two lane country road with 55mph speed limit.

Last edited:
Typical use is a 140 mile drive?
Is this your commute?
If you drive seventy miles each way in typical use, any current spec oil should be able to exceed 4K, maybe double it.
The only problem I can forsee would involve the LIMs, although you may have already done them.

It is for a friend. He is in the Army down at Fort Bragg. So his daily commute is from here and is all 2 lane back roads. I help out by doing his oil changes for him. Just trying to save him some money and since the Warren oil is right here in our small town, no driving off to the Walmart 11 miles down the road to get Super Tech oil.

Plus I do change the oil for several of the elderly in our church. Again helping where I can and keeping the expense down. I only charge them what it cost me for the oil and filter.

I ran out of my major stash of Peak Oil that I got from Advance Auto for $1 a qt.

The local Car Quest cuts me a break on their oil filters as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back