New oil for Chrysler and Dodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They either consider bringing Selenia brand to NA or SRT cars over here. I see a lot of Chryslers on Italian plates (I live 50 km from Italy) since FIAT bought them.

Fiat influence and they might possibly have some financial interest in the company as well. That is what happens when companies are sold to overseas companies. Things change.

Originally Posted By: chrisri
They either consider bringing Selenia brand to NA or SRT cars over here. I see a lot of Chryslers on Italian plates (I live 50 km from Italy) since FIAT bought them.
Are Fiats reliable and long lasting ? I remember when Fiat discontinued dealers in the U.S.A they were looked on as low quality manufacture.cars. Now they are back again and I still wonder the quality.

The only Fiat's I remember anyone I knew owning when I was younger was one guy had a Fiat Spider. It wasn't worse than another friend's MGB.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Fear not. It's a PETRONAS product.

Read this.

Selenia is made by Petronas lubricants Italy. This are different oils to one made by Petronas of Malaysia although they are owned by them.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: chrisri
Are Fiats reliable and long lasting ? I remember when Fiat discontinued dealers in the U.S.A they were looked on as low quality manufacture.cars. Now they are back again and I still wonder the quality.

Yes, they make quality products today, but they will never be as reliable as Toyota or Honda. Diesels they make are probably best, and so are the petrols. Interior fittings are not as good as VW (not even close), but if I compere friends Golf V TDI with my Stilo, Golf handles better and has nicer interior fit and finish. FIAT has much nicer engine, stronger brakes and DMF-gearbox setup (getrag on mine).

Did anyone check out the data sheets to try and guess what's in it?
I did. There's some kind of long chain something and homopolymer another and I tried getting definitions so I can decipher how which means group 3 and which is group 4 or 5,I'm not exactly sure because I couldn't get definitions.
I tried to copy and paste the stuff i thought relevant to see if anyone here wasn't er to translate(Molekule)but my iPad won't let me,so apparently I'm outta luck.

If someone else wants to have a look....
I see it's got some kinda high tech zddp and molybdenum,so it might be well done,but I doubt it's going to be as cost effective as m1 0w-40,and likely not as easy to get.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
The only Fiat's I remember anyone I knew owning when I was younger was one guy had a Fiat Spider. It wasn't worse than another friend's MGB.
MGB ? about equally unreliably no kidding? we had a friend earn the nick name turtle because he spent so much time on his back under his MGB working on it.

grin.gif
I remember going to help my friend replace the clutch on his MGB.

He checks out the Chilton 9or equivalent) book from the library.

It lists Step 1: Remove engine & tansmission

So he goes and rents a hoist, and 3 days later Step 1 is complete.

The real reliability issue of his MGB was the electrical system though.

I can't really remember what the major malfunction was in the other friend's Fiat Spyder now - it saw so little road time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back