LIVID - Ford Denied warranty on our 14' Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Ford selling junk is the #1 reason I haven't bought one for 27 years. GM and Chrysler (esp Chrysler) make good on their warranty claims. FWIW your problem would have been a joy compared to the problems I had.

This is funny beyond words I can accurately express. The only two issues I have had with OEM's honoring factory warranties is the old GM(at least in the end it was honored) and Daimler/Chrysler and this was a hassle and half to have the warranty honored. Ford was simple with 3 different dealerships. Really all I had to do was tell the service rep the problem and within a business day the vehicles were fixed and returned.

I will say this. Not one gave a darn about OCI's, grade, oil, and filter used.

let's say this is a paint defect, wouldn't the whole piece be painted all at one time? Why just that area?

I'd remove the trim pieces yourself, find an autobody paint supplier, get the paint matched, touch it up yourself and either, let it go..

OR

Pay a body shop to repair/repaint it correctly, then bring the dealership to small claims court and get your money back. I'll bet you get your money back pretty quickly.

Got a call yesterday (as promised), only after I called and left a VM 10 before 5, and she said she is still waiting for her team to process documentation and will call back again on 9/25. Was not a happy camper.

I've thought about the repainting it, but its the principle of the thing. I shouldn't have to, and I know that the moment I touch that trim piece and anything else goes wrong, they would point the finger at me. Poor experience with them so far.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
I am an equal opportunity brand basher and I believe that this happens with all brands from time to time.

Anies, here is a link to a Mustang forum where members battled to get defective radio screens replaced. It has the link to a Ford customer service rep. Read through the thread for a bit of eye opening education. Best of luck to you.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/603234-cracked-radio-display-screen.html

I was in on this fiasco as well, I was one of the last posters(70monte)on that thread. I posted my experience I had with Ford trying to get my radio screen replaced on my Mustang. They did the same thing to me by trying to blame me or someone else with damaging the screen with a cleaner or something. It took me about four months of fighting with them to get this fixed under warranty. I also posted a thread on this forum somewhere about the whole ordeal.
I'm about to fight with them again on a paint issue on my front hood that they have denied claiming someone spilled something on the paint even though some of the paint issues are on the underside of the hood along a seam. This is probably my last Ford.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
They determined that you used some kind of cleaning fluid that damaged the trim by just looking at it? Interesting. Must be really cheap material. So, Ford is admitting that they make cars with extremely fragile and cheap material and one should avoid ever cleaning the interior with anything other than a slightly damp rag. The dealer is at least doing a service to the public by warning customers that they own a very delicate car. If you are reading this and own a late model Ford be very careful. You might be on your own if this is an example of how Ford does business. Maybe their motto is, "selling you a car is job one".

Apparently he only used the cleaning fluid on a very small area... :roll eyes:

Wow, after hearing about this experience (and the experiences of the Mustang owners), it's not likely that I'll ever buy a Ford brand new. I'd consider one used but I guess I can't expect too much from their interiors.

But [censored] interiors are not limited to Fords. Our '05 Pontiac Grand Prix plastic cowl piece (just behind the front windshield) has cracked and crumbled over the past 2 years or so terribly. Apparently UV radiation just destroys it if the car is left outside.

I can't help but wonder if, since Ford has been on an "eco" kick lately, they're using [censored] recycled material for their interior trim.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Any update?

Sorry been busy with work. So the lady from Ford didn't call me back as promised on Thursday, but a received a call from the dealer (girl was not accommodating). I asked if there was a Saturday when I could drop the car off and have them replace the trim panel. She said the Service Manager would need a whole day to tear apart the console(they run 8:30 - 3pm on Saturdays). I asked if I could just leave it and grb the car on the following Monday afternoon and she said no. Ford doesn't like keeping cars in for longer than necessary for warranty.

So I've been given the ok on parts but still need to try and schedule a day with them that will still inconvenience me. Suffice to say I am done with that dealership after I get my replacement. The messed up part is they keep contacting me to schedule and appointment but they won't give me a time or day when I can do it. Can only hold parts for 30 days.

Anies:

This $tealer is STILL giving you the runaround, I wouldn't EVER go back there again. Call Ford Corporate tell them you do NOT trust that $tealership and you want to use an alternative store to replace the parts. Explain that this place is simply NOT interested in do the job and you need to go elsewhere.

Judging from the response from this idiot $tealership I would never step foot in there again for ANY reason, and I would contact the owner of this place and in a businesslike manner explain why you will never be doing business with them again and that you will be informing others to stay away as well.

Well I want to go there so I can personally say it to the service manager and then foot the actual dealer side and tell them the same thing. after the ordeal I was put through they should go out of their way to accommodate me. Customer retention isn't their priority it seems.

I wouldn't even bother with the service manager as he well knows what treatment you're receiving from his underlings.

The only person that MIGHT care at all is the owner or general manager, which is over the SM.

I'd be VERY leery of setting foot in that $tealer for any reason which would include them putting one finger on my vehicle.

Trust me, I worked in the $tealership end of the business for 25 years, and know the ins and outs...don't go back with your vehicle take it to another store. If you want to go and speak with the owner fine, just do NOT let them touch your car.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Go to another dealer and keep in touch with Ford Corporate. If the dash is peeling on a 5-6 month old car from even if you used a cleaner, then that part is garbage. I too would remind the dealer that you have a Toyota that's a little older and doesn't do this, why does the Ford?
The dealer doesn't care.Call the ford 800 number be polite and firm.

Originally Posted By: dcf
Just go back to buying Toyota's and call this a learning experience .

I wouldn't say that Toyota is drastically different, because when they do it it's on big items like excessive oil consumption. A lot of people bought Camrys between 2007 and 2010 equipped with the 2AZ-FE for basic, reliable transport only to end up with oil guzzling monsters. Then there was the cylinder head bolt problem with the previous iteration of that car/engine combo.

To be fair, other manufacturers play this oil consumption game as well, but having spent a bit of time on Toyota forums I'm more exposed to the impact of it with these cars.

I will say this. Every manufacture has problems. The dealership, while a franchise, represents the company. I have been lucky I guess or I have a good GM dealer. Half of it is how you treat them when you take something in. Not saying that is the problem here or the problem all the time, but I have always been nice and cheerful if I have a warranty issue. I have never had anything denied, even the one while I was racing and the car showed up on wrecker. You need to find a dealership that gives two...well you know.

Every manufacturer is different, that's true but this is quite obviously a significant issue. You cannot clean your interior with most standard automotive products (per dealer).

We did get the one piece of trim replaced (car was at the dealer for 3 days!). They refuse to change the shifter trim though and said it wasn't brought to their attention and ford won't cover it! So I'm back to square one on the second piece of trim. This is such a joke of an experience.

Discussion with the dealer and service manager was moot. They abide strictly to Ford procedure and refuse to go out of their way to rectify it. My wife is all but fed up and swore the brand off.

Only Ford I owned was a 1990 5.0 Mustang, great car.

I doubt I would even consider buying another Ford considering other cars in the same price range are better'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back