Parliament Hill attacked, soldier shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I'm guessing your point is that because Justin Bourque was able to commit these acts against the RCMP, that it somehow works to marginalize the nature of what is being discussed?...

No. Guess again...

Then elaborate. And please see my edit above. You left a whole lot to interpretation with your liberal use of sarcasm.

Jesus, how many here chirping about evil Muslims even realize that a Canadian **** took an M-14 and murdered three RCMP officers? Oh, he was "Christian" and very pro-gun rights, too...

Considering I started the thread about that nutjob when it was happening, I'm pretty sure I remember.

Really?

Because was started as a thread about the parliament shooting devolved into a rant about "those brown terrorists" about 3 posts in, followed by the typical "yeah, rah rah" post, followed by your own "with us or against us" rant...

Pointing out the fact that the whole basis of this thread has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH AN ISLAMIC TERRORIST seems pretty germane to me. It's like McCarthism on steroids.

I'm sure your already crafting your "yeah, but" rebuttal in you head, but save your breath. All of the nonsense is just too transparent.

Originally Posted By: JOD

Really?

Because was started as a thread about the parliament shooting devolved into a rant about "those brown terrorists" about 3 posts in, followed by the typical "yeah, rah rah" post, followed by your own "with us or against us" rant...

Pointing out the fact that the whole basis of this thread has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH AN ISLAMIC TERRORIST seems pretty germane to me. It's like McCarthism on steroids.

I'm sure your already crafting your "yeah, but" rebuttal in you head, but save your breath. All of the nonsense is just too transparent.

I think you are combining two threads. One, this one, about the Parliament Hill shootings, the other, which was from several months ago (which was the one Nick and I were discussing) was about Justin Bourque and had absolutely nothing to do with Muslims, Islam....etc.

I don't mind if you want to call out "nonsense" or tell me to "save my breath" or call things "transparent" but at least be clear as to what you are talking about.

Then elaborate. And please see my edit above. You left a whole lot to interpretation with your liberal use of sarcasm.

I guess I did. I'm sorry a post that wasn't directed at you seems to have upset you so much. But pretty clearly those just blaming "Islam" solely for this are the sort that blame black people for crime. Or believe the lives of two American journalists are somehow symbolically more important than the tens of thousands of victims of ISIS violence simply because they had their heads horrifically severed. It's a bit ridiculous that people see this as coming out of some vacuum, but if you really want to know my line of thinking, simply watch the excellent BBC three part series The Power of Nightmares. It's a bit dated and I don't agree with everything they put forth, but the power of ISIS is vastly overstated. They're not really that good, it's just our "allies" are mostly that bad...

It's not about the religion, it's about the abject poverty, government brutality and corruption, and classism. It's vastly more about these things than the religion, because the religious extremism is adopted in response to the above. And by overreacting to them one is playing right into their hands...

I'm guessing your point is that because Justin Bourque was able to commit these acts against the RCMP, that it somehow works to marginalize the nature of what is being discussed?...

No. Guess again...

My point is that people in the Canadian security forces are just as dead irregardless of who did what and why. In fact, more were killed by said **** wackjob and he was apparently more effective at carrying out his agenda than the murderer of the unfortunate soldier.

I seems here that certain murders and painfully ignored here and others are played up by pants-wetters with some political agenda seeking to end that bane of humanity that is political correctness. Such as, there is a said nutjob running around Pennsylvania playing a "game" with police after ambushing two State Troopers and murdering one of them, yet that case is completely ignored here. It's ignored out of selective amnesia and these sorts of events are rare and not really worth the emotive extremes people are advocating here...

I think it is the group/collective thing combined with the media coverage, which is again combined with the political side of things. The "terrorism" stuff gets hyped up the wazoo, gets made into a huge boogeyman that is larger than life and these acts, even if, when viewed in comparison to others, seem minor, carry much more weight because of what is attached too them, be it ISIS, Al-Qaeda....etc.

They are hyped as a sign of things to come not only by those advocating the acts but also by our own, and it is easy to see them viewed that way. One side is threatening to do "horrible things", then something happens and it is "proof", even if, using your own metric, it really wasn't anywhere near as horrific as recent events that lack the same political/religious ties.

I think a decent analogy might be of a balloon. You have this big "terrorist balloon" that we'll ascribe to ISIS for the sake of this discussion, and it is viewed as that by society, pushed as that by ISIS, and pandered as that by our politicians and media. Ergo, in everybody's mind, we have this big balloon. In that balloon is "bad stuff" and every once and a while, the fingers holding the bad stuff in the balloon are loosened ever so slightly and some of the "bad stuff" comes out. And we know there is more of it. The whole balloon is full of it! The guys who made the balloon tell us so, our own government tells us so, so we are scared of the balloon and what's in it far more than the single random malicious events around us perpetrated by our own people because those people don't have a balloon, they only have themselves and when they are gone, that's it.

So do we do something about the balloon, or do we continue to allow the bad stuff to happen and just deal with it as it comes? That's the current divide about our role in all of this, our involvement in dealing with Extreme Islam....etc. At least in Canada. These things "don't happen in Canada", they are supposed to happen to you guys with all your guns and violence
wink.gif
At least that's the general mindset up here. And our PM is blamed for "Americanizing" Canada and this being the result.

I believe something needs to be done to stop the backyard curating of extremists/terrorists in North America but I don't know how that is accomplished. And at the same time we are at war with those these people wish to stand with/identify with them, which, as identified by my fellow canuck earlier in the thread, works to breed more of them.

I do believe it will come to a head at some point, I think that's inevitable. And I also think a lot of innocent people will suffer for that.

I guess I did. I'm sorry a post that wasn't directed at you seems to have upset you so much. But pretty clearly those just blaming "Islam" solely for this are the sort that blame black people for crime. Or believe the lives of two American journalists are somehow symbolically more important than the tens of thousands of victims of ISIS violence simply because they had their heads horrifically severed. It's a bit ridiculous that people see this as coming out of some vacuum, but if you really want to know my line of thinking, simply watch the excellent BBC three part series The Power of Nightmares. It's a bit dated and I don't agree with everything they put forth, but the power of ISIS is vastly overstated. They're not really that good, it's just our "allies" are mostly that bad...

It's not about the religion, it's about the abject poverty, government brutality and corruption, and classism. It's vastly more about these things than the religion, because the religious extremism is adopted in response to the above. And by overreacting to them one is playing right into their hands...

Hey, no worries, I wasn't upset by your post, just hoping to get on the same page with you regarding the discussion and my stance on it given that I started the thread
cheers3.gif

It is somewhat difficult to properly convey emotion through text, just like how sarcasm sometimes leaves a lot to interpretation
wink.gif
LOL!

It took two nukes and the threat of complete annihilation to get Imperial Japan to surrender. It took bombing Germany into a pile of rubble. War is not pretty, it isn't clean, it isn't nice. It doesn't play friendly and it isn't something that you can go half into and expect to get anywhere. In order to succeed at war somebody has to lose. Somebody has to admit defeat. 10's of millions of people paid the price in World War II so that we have the freedoms we enjoy today. So that people can pretend that peace is something that just "happens" when you refuse to get involved. Peace has a price. Freedom has a price. And that price is both monetary and expressed in human lives.

Co-existence is manufactured hippie nonsense. As long as the human race has lived there has been conflict. Peace is only temporary and only happens due to great loss or the threat of great loss (the Cold War for example). Eventually you will again have to stand up and defend it. There has always been and will always be evil. Managing it is the hard part.

Your first two statements are simply supported by no study or historical facts.

It's now believed by some that Japan surrendered largely because they feared a communist Soviet invasion of the home islands and that their surrender has at least as much to do with the "August Storm" Soviet offensive that rolled up their million man Manchurian Army in short order. The Japanese militarist were quite willing to annihilate their nation so long as the emperor remained in power at the end of the day.

Strategic bombing and the killing of up to 600,000 German civilians had little tangible effect on German civilian morale and probably strengthened resistance in Normandy by the German Heer and SS. Strategic bombing and Aurthur Harris' presumption of the "whirlwind" or terror bombing was probably rather wasteful and not the best use of resources. I think your premise here of bludgeoning people into submission is rather flawed...

Your first two statements are simply supported by no study or historical facts.

Well to be fair I was just sort of summarizing the events that were in play at the end of the war.

It's now believed by some that Japan surrendered largely because they feared a communist Soviet invasion of the home islands and that their surrender has at least as much to do with the "August Storm" Soviet offensive that rolled up their million man Manchurian Army in short order. The Japanese militarist were quite willing to annihilate their nation so long as the emperor remained in power at the end of the day.

That last part was exactly what I was digging at. That until somebody is beaten down or enough fear is instilled to actually formally end the conflict, it will continue. I had thought it was the nukes that had accomplished that with Japan, based on the reading I've done on the topic, but if you have some more modern references please PM me the names of the publications, I'd love to read them!

Strategic bombing and the killing of up to 600,000 German civilians had little tangible effect on German civilian morale and probably strengthened resistance in Normandy by the German Heer and SS. Strategic bombing and Aurthur Harris' presumption of the "whirlwind" or terror bombing was probably rather wasteful and not the best use of resources. I think your premise here of bludgeoning people into submission is rather flawed...

Possibly, but Germany was certainly bombed into a pile of rubble and Japan was nuked twice before they surrendered, that was ultimately the result. I'm not saying those strategies were necessarily what ended the war (though with Japan, that is what most believe) but they are examples of what real war looks like, not these "cross-the-pond" pot shots at each other with ineffective bombings here and there.

My question is WHY are the US, Canadian, and other Western
Governments allowing hordes of immigrants into their countries that have NOTHING in common with Western Civilization?
Just as importantly these people have NO interest in assimilating into our countries.

Oh, I forgot it is an "agenda" that attempts to dilute
our culture, and civilization with the virus of
MultiKulturalism.

Just look at the 1965 Immigration and Nationality Act that was passed in the US? Things really started going downhill fast after this Bill was passed. That was how they foisted MultiKult
into the USA. I'm sure Canada has suffered similar assaults on their country.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
My question is WHY are the US, Canadian, and other Western
Governments allowing hordes of immigrants into their countries that have NOTHING in common with Western Civilization?
Just as importantly these people have NO interest in assimilating into our countries.

Oh, I forgot it is an "agenda" that attempts to dilute
our culture, and civilization with the virus of
MultiKulturalism.

Just look at the 1965 Immigration and Nationality Act that was passed in the US? Things really started going downhill fast after this Bill was passed. That was how they foisted MultiKult
into the USA. I'm sure Canada has suffered similar assaults on their country.

Canada has always had a pretty non-integrated society though. We've always had our China towns, little Russia...etc. In big centres. This has never been a problem.

And then we have Quebec, which is quite proud to not "fit in".

I don't mind people who have "nothing in common with Western Civilization" moving here. We all moved here from somewhere else. My ancestors are German, Scottish and English. I do however take exception to those wishing to discard/bypass the rules of Canadian society and instate their own, or those that completely refuse to learn English and/or French, which are our official languages.

But those who want to move to Canada to be Canadians? Doesn't matter where they are from or how un-Western like it is. If they are willing to learn the language, are skilled and willing to work hard and are willing to put the Canadian Constitution ahead of whatever religion they've chosen to practice, they should be welcome. Freeloaders shouldn't be.

It isn't where you are from, it is who you are and why you want to move to Canada. That's what the screening should be based on.

We are letting others in our countries mainly for the votes that existing officials will get in the future-- its all about the money guys, it always has been- power,position,fame and more money...it isn't because of love for their fellow man, but that's what gets promoted,,,wake up folks, it for the votes................

Just look at the 1965 Immigration and Nationality Act that was passed in the US? Things really started going downhill fast after this Bill was passed.

Correlation isn't Causation. That era also brought us flouridated water, the Civil Rights movement, auto emissions controls, color TV, and FM radio. Blame one or all for the downfall of society.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Originally Posted By: Trav

I see on the news that people are going from the US and Europe to fight with these extremist, if they return you have to kill them.
These people are coming back just to do this sort of thing. No trial and keeping an eye on them, shoot them for God sake.

Good God in heaven
its common sense!

Yeah it's unfortunate that there are crazies like that, but just shoot them at the airport when they come back? that won't happen, for a lot of reasons. LOL! Not even in the worst action movie made for 10 yr olds.

If we do that kind of stuff, Then we become beasts just like them, and that's letting them win, in the long run.

And funnily enough, all in the name of "god"(s) / religion - main reason for almost all of this violence in the first place.

I disagree. The US is a land based on Judeo-Christian beliefs just as theirs is on their beliefs.
The difference is we have not declared all of them should be killed in the name of our beliefs, they have.

If an invading army came over the border tonight our soldiers would shoot them where they stood (one would hope), this is not different.
These people are going there for training with the full intent of returning to kill Americans, Canadians, etc.

They don't need to be landing on Cape Cod in landing craft before we kill them do we?
True enough it is preferable to kill them there but if they do come here kill them anyway or would putting them in prison rehab them only cut them loose again be better?
We tried that already, it didn't work.

At some point we are going to have to get our hands dirty to eradicate this vermin and its not going to be pretty or PC.

It turns out this guy is just batspit crazy! He has a history of drug addiction, criminal behavior, and believed "the devil" was after him...

I think that'll be the case for many (most?) of the extremists operating as lone wolves or splinter cells and committing acts like these.

From the article:

Quote:
The attacker, identified as Michael Zehaf-Bibeau by Canadian media, was considered "high risk" and had seen his passport confiscated to stop him travelling abroad to join Islamic State terrorists in Iraq or Syria.

But the 32-year-old was able to strike at the heart of his home country's capital, shooting dead Corporal Nathan Cirillo before he was himself gunned down by Sergeant-At-Arms Kevin Vickers as he launched his assault on parliament.

US sources said the killer was a convert to Islam from Quebec who grew up in Laval and Montreal and was called Michael Joseph Hall before he changed his name.

Family friend Dave Bathurst told the CBC Zehaf-Bibeau did not appear to have extremist views, but had at times shown a disturbing side.

He said: "We were having a conversation in a kitchen, and I don't know how he worded it - he said the devil is after him."

Mr Bathurst said his friend frequently talked about the presence of Shaytan in the world - an Arabic term for devils and demons, adding: "I think he must have been mentally ill."

Bathurst last saw Zehaf-Bibeau praying in a Vancouver-area mosque six weeks ago and said that he spoke of wanting to go to the Middle East soon - although he claimed he only wanted to study Islam and Arabic.

His case has parallels with that of Martin Couture-Rouleau, a 25-year-old convert who rammed his car into two soldiers in the Montreal suburb of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu on Monday - killing one of them before he was shot dead.

Rouleau also had his passport confiscated in July after he was arrested at an airport on his way to Turkey.

He was among 90 people being tracked by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) on suspicion of taking part in militant activities or planning to do so.

I believe you have to have something seriously wrong with you to do something like this and this "extremist culture" for lack of a better term, gave him (and gives people like him) a way to channel his inner nutbar.

Oh, I forgot it is an "agenda" that attempts to dilute our culture, and civilization with the virus of
MultiKulturalism.

Not everything is an insidious agenda. Our countries have taken in a lot of refugees, as a humanitarian gesture. Also, take a look at certain trends, such as our birthrates, how many doctors we produce annually (versus how many retire), and you'll see that there is far more involved than some bizarre plot.

Originally Posted By: Garak

Not everything is an insidious agenda. Our countries have taken in a lot of refugees, as a humanitarian gesture. Also, take a look at certain trends, such as our birthrates, how many doctors we produce annually (versus how many retire), and you'll see that there is far more involved than some bizarre plot.

Not "everything" is, but multiKulturlism IS.

Watch closely in this video at about 1:55 on.
That clearly is an agenda.

I have a few questions? Do you have a poster of Putin and a Russian Federation Flag in your bedroom. Or do you prefer the hammer and sickle with Lenin?

Originally Posted By: Trav

At some point we are going to have to get our hands dirty to eradicate this vermin and its not going to be pretty or PC.

Exactly, they are fighting using our own rules of engagement as a strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back