Coffee - Your Current Brew

Espresso

At home (capsule format): Caffe' Molinari (Gold) or Caffe' Mauro (Classic or Deluxe)

At the office: Lavazza Crema e Aroma (Whole bean)

Current brew...

P1010369.jpg

And now giving this one a try...

DSC_5644.jpg

Between the two Tchibo varieties, I think the Exclusive one is a bit better, more potent. But neither one matches up to Alessi when it comes to refinement, IMO.

Just drinking a cup of Mastic added Turkish coffee somewhere near Istanbul. A notch stronger than espresso.

Got bag of Maui Mokka from Mauigrown Coffee Company Store. Really good coffee smooth no bitterness with a chocolate flavor. Different from Kona coffee...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Quite elite.

On a related note, my sister and her husband went to Bali last year, and bought some kopi luwak for her father-in-law. Not sure what was in it (apart from the stuff that we know that's in it), but apparently it made him violently ill.
lol.gif

Was probably fake or poor quality, IIRC a large % is fake.

Still roasting along here. My coffee roaster is dying due to a massive coffee fire.. Police chasing some thug through my yard distracted me.. 45s later I had massive black oily smoke rolling out of the roaster on all sides.

about to buy a refurb one. Behmor will sell you a factory refurb if you currently have one of their roasters save a few $$.

My beans in the basement are 16 months old now but still roast fine. Storage of 1-2 years in burlap sac is fine. I'd rate them 90% as good as when they were fresh(er).My basement has fairly low humidity and temp. from the heat pump electric water heater which helps storage life.

PS. Full strength oven cleaner Not the no fume stuff..

totally annihilates baked on coffee crud in places you cant reach.. like squirrel cage coffee roaster blowers... of course now the bearings are making noise.. cant win
15.gif

Now using the Starbucks Italian Roast beans at the office. Not the Espresso variety as previously posted. Not so happy with the taste, I must admit.

Originally Posted By: GSCJR
Now using the Starbucks Italian Roast beans at the office. Not the Espresso variety as previously posted. Not so happy with the taste, I must admit.

I also prefer their Espresso to their Italian.

I've also found the whole bean variety toake a big difference in taste.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Originally Posted By: GSCJR

I also prefer their Espresso to their Italian.

I've also found the whole bean variety toake a big difference in taste.

I agree with you. I have had their Espresso Roast (pods) and remember them being good.

Last edited:
Back