'14 RAM 1500 ECODIESEL VM Motori L630DOHC

Status
Not open for further replies.
MS-11106... You have Mobil 1 ESP, Kendall full synthetic Euro, Quaker State Ultimate Durability, and there are probably a few more after the first page of a google search. If ACEA A3 will cover it, Total INEO long life at 36.95 for 5 quarts seems reasonable. Redline Euro has ACEA A3 also.

Total Quartz INEO Long Life - 5W-30 Synthetic (5 Quart)

Formerly Quartz INEO 504/507

Quartz INEO Long Life possesses the most current specifications and is known as a new generation oil throughout Europe. It is especially adapted to German diesel technology although it can be used on gasoline engines as well. It has been specially approved by Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes-Benz and BMW.

Quartz INEO Long Life was developed using TOTAL’s advanced low SAP Technology to increase the longevity of the DPF and provide extended drain intervals while being environmentally friendly.

Benefits:
- Optimizes the use of the DPF
- Allows for extended drain intervals
- Provides excellent engine protection
- Ensures optimum engine cleanliness

Approvals/Specs
- ACEA C3
- MB-Approval 229.51 (backwards compatible)
- BMW Long Life 04 (backwards compatible)
- VW/Audi 504.00/507.00 (backwards compatible)
- Porsche C30
- Most European OEMs

Thanks Mr. Beanoil. The owner's manual says it must be ACEA C3 AND meet MS-11106.
The Total is probably a very good oil, but it is not Chrysler MS-11106 qualified, so it won't find its way into my truck's engine until it is MS-11106 qualified.

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1
WOW that's one expensive oil change! I would use the lube to the limit at that cost.

I still drive a 6.0 Powerstroke and I thought my $75 OC's were expensive.

How about 30 qt at 9.50/qt for Delvac 1 SHC 5W40? $300 change done at home.
Good for 20-40K miles though.

Charlie

Nice reports.
I had a 14 Quad-Cab, 4x4 with the EcoDiesel.
Had dealer change oil at 5k and they put the wrong oil in it! Had educate them and have them drain the stuff out. Then at 10k drained it and put in the Kendall oil,which meets all the specs.
Dealer made me a great trade-in offer and I had no issues with the truck and sold it with about 14k on it for a 4x4 CrewCab with the Hemi.

What is so special about the oil filter? Is it a spin on filter? Cartridge style? $60 bucks for an oil filter is crazy.

Originally Posted By: Travis99LS1
What is so special about the oil filter? Is it a spin on filter? Cartridge style? $60 bucks for an oil filter is crazy.

Not much is special about it except for being different, it is a cartridge element, install into the oil cooler assembly and spin the plastic cap on. The OEM filter is made in China. The dealer charged me $44.00 for the filter recently.

Purolator I noticed started selling the EcoD oil filter, I'm sure these filters will be $10 soon enough.

Last edited:
Just FYI I bought a ton of that Euro L at Auto Zone on clearance for $2 a quart. Stores near you might still have it.

Latest-
Ecodiesel%2BUOA%2B34%252C800.jpg

Originally Posted By: dnewton3

Nothing to glean here.

...but there is no reason to UOA for the first several if that is your plan.

I don't recall asking you a G***AMN thing.

SteveSRT8,
Thanks for your comments. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the OLM. I use diesel that is somewhere between B5 and 20 but I can never be certain, so the OM says to change oil every 8,000 miles. I've been keeping the OCI between 8-9k miles.

Originally Posted By: Swampyy
Maybe give the Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 a go. This is what I run in my Grand Cherokee that is basically the same engine. (Mobil 1 ESP Results Below).

That is a very nice report. I have decided to go with Mobil ESP this next change.

A couple of questions about your Jeep-
Does it have EGR, DPF and SCR and use DEF/AdBlue? What about the fuel quality? Is it better or worse than in the USA?

I have noticed that most reports from these VM A/L630DOHC engines that have the EGR disabled have better numbers on UOAs.
Thanks

Nice job getting the voa and having it right there on the uoa sheet. Everything looks great...I would presume that you're going to keep using the Delvac 5W40?

I recently purchased two 3 gallon cases of Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5W40. I'll be using that for the next change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back