Pennsylvania Oil Lease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mother in Law was a co-owner of an oil lease. She recently passed away. We¹re reviewing documents and find something from Wolf¹s Head Oil Refining Co. I do know that Wolf¹s Head has passed through at least a few hands since 1963. We don¹t even know whether My Mother in Law¹s interest instill exists. Would anyone please advise the simplest, most-expeditious means we can research this? We need this information so we can complete the probate
process.

I appreciate your assistance!

Thank you!

Wolf's Head is owned by Amalie Oil Co. out of Florida.Used to be called Petroleum Packaging before they bought the Amalie name from Sun Oil Co....which bought it from Whitco.

Anything about it in her tax returns? Checkbook?

There should be an office at the courthouse for mineral rights. Show 'em and explain yourself, they probably get this every day.

Somebody is suppose to pay the taxes on the mineral rights of the property. These are different from the property taxes. If she is listed as co-owner (at the courthouse) of the mineral rights she will probably have to bring back taxes current to retain mineral rights. You can also find out if the property's mineral rights are currently being leased by an oil company. A lot of oil company's will lease and never drill. They just want the option to drill if oil goes above 300 a barrel (hypothetical #).

A lot of oil leases are only for a set amount of time (5 years). So this lease from 1963 could be long over with? fyi

You have alot of research to do. And it all starts at the courthouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back