P215/60R15 need 4 new

Status
Not open for further replies.
I blew out a tire today...BFG Touring TA (sams club specials). This is the second set on this car that barely lasted 4 years.

Ill probably get Defenders since discount tire has a michelin rebate until saturday...theyll be $506 after rebate...not exactly cheap but Ive had 2 sets before on different cars and like them.

Sears has cooper response touring for ~$360.

I always like the look of General Altimax but never seem to be able to find them in state.

any suggestions?

I just bought General Altimax in the 225 60 16 size on closeout at Tirerack.com $276 for tires and around $60 for shipping. Check them out.

Had the Response Touring on the 03' Corolla before I got an absolute fantastic deal on the CS5 Ultra's. Not even close. The Ultra's are so much, much better. With the deals out there, I would not consider the RT's ever again. The General RT43's are exc. as well. (Have these tires on the Previa.)

I'm not sure about ordering online...just haul them in to walmart for installation for $17 each? Are the walmart Altimax RT sub-par?

UPS leaves a pile of tires on the porch?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FL-400S
I'm not sure about ordering online...just haul them in to walmart for installation for $17 each? Are the walmart Altimax RT sub-par?

UPS leaves a pile of tires on the porch?
yea find a good Indy shop. They came bundled 2 together and were sitting in front of my garage door today. I ordered them on Sunday night.

I called a few places and none really stock defenders...most just have the cooper response touring. IS this really a rare size?

Originally Posted By: FL-400S
Ended up getting Cooper CS5 Grand touring. after first 5 miles of driving...QUIET!!!

Definitely keep us all posted on these CS5's as many here, including myself are interested!
smile.gif

Thanks,

CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back