I am filing suit against Carter Fuel Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am suing Carter for including offensive symbology in the design of their fuel pumps. I disassembled my pump today to inspect it, and look what's been driving my fuel all along:

I find this to be unacceptable, as they could easily have used a design that is less reminiscent of such a checkered part of the world's history.

Sure, it's a great pump, that actually turned out not to be my problem, but I'm fairly certain that they could have made this part look like a peace sign, or an equality symbol.

whistle.gif
grin.gif

How do you know if it wasnt a piece symbol and you happened to place it upside down?

My eyes feel discriminated against. Sorry gunna have to sue you.

That symbol goes way back before the Third Reich. They didn't use a unique design.

I hope it goes without saying that I'm not actually suing Carter.

I couldn't help but chuckle a little when that sucker dropped out of my pump.

I thought you were serious...perhaps if you posted in the humor section, the irony would have been apparent...

Sue the local Buddhists...

IIRC the Royal Ontario Museum had a display with a swastika-emblazoned rotund Eastern religious figure. I thought it had been defaced until reading the little blurb under the attention-grabbing heading. Learned something new that day!

Last edited:
Carter will JUST say thats a Chinese symbol, and it means "GOOD LUCK"!

If others took it for a use, that's another issue ...

Looks like you're right, I've seen pale blue on aircraft.

I understand that the record for shooting down the most aircraft in the shortest time (counted on the ground afterward so the count was correct) was set by a Finnish pilot.

The swastica is an ancient symbol. Too bad the Nazis adopted it. Don't know the history of how that happened but I think I'll find out.

Ecotourist

Originally Posted By: ecotourist
Looks like you're right, I've seen pale blue on aircraft.

I understand that the record for shooting down the most aircraft in the shortest time (counted on the ground afterward so the count was correct) was set by a Finnish pilot.

The swastica is an ancient symbol. Too bad the Nazis adopted it. Don't know the history of how that happened but I think I'll find out.

Ecotourist

It is an ancient symbol that the nazis perverted to suit their whims.
I've been watching a lot of ww2 documentaries on Netflix and I understand why the German people went along with the whole idea.
Hindsight is perfect of course and I'm sure many who got on board at first were horrified by where it led.
I saw one documentary where the English had a German generals house bugged. Their private conversations were indeed interesting.
Not all rank and file Germans agreed with Hitler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back