Parliament Hill attacked, soldier shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/parliame...ttawa-1.2808710

Originally Posted By: CBC

A man with a rifle shot a soldier standing guard at the War Memorial in downtown Ottawa, and witnesses said there were further shots fired in Centre Block on nearby Parliament Hill.

It was not immediately known if there were further injuries.

Alain Merisier, who works at the cafeteria in the Parliament building, told CBC News that said he saw a man in a car at the Centre Block with a long gun.

Witnesses said they then heard shots fired, and there was an unconfirmed report of a person injured outside the Library of Parliament.

Police confirmed the shooting at the War Memorial, and sealed off the area while the injured soldier was given emergency medical aid. He was later put into an ambulance.

"We were waiting there for a city tour and suddenly I heard four shots," said Jan Luchtenburg, a tourist visiting downtown Ottawa from Holland.

"Suddenly I saw a small guy with long black hair... with a long rifle, and he ran away after the shots, across streets in the direction of Parliament Hill," he said.

Reevo Namic, another bystander, said "all of a sudden I just heard a shot, turned around and there was a guy with a rifle....and just pow pow."

"Then I saw one of the other armed forces guys just running. He barrelled over, just ran right over. The other guy just dropped. I looked back and just dived underneath and immediately called 911."

The National War Memorial stands in Confederation Square in the heart of downtown Ottawa. The Parliament buildings are to the northeast.

*snip*

Police are still searching for the gunman, and have sealed off the area, moving bystanders and reporters to the nearby Chateau Laurier Hotel. Other witnesses were taken to the city's police headquarters.

New Democrat MP Hélène Laverdière said she heard 20 to 30 shots, and hit the floor. She and fellow MPs Charlie Angus and Rosane Doré Lefebvre were later led out of the Centre Block to safety.

Also, apparently police have confirmed one shooter dead inside the Parliament buildings.

Canada will not be intimidated nor terrorized anymore than the United States. Islam has made its goal very clear, and the only way to deal with them is to kill them. Kill enough of them and they will stop.

Islam related or not.... nothing can stop a person(s) from committing violence.

Perfect example is what happened in Oklahoma City and FBI building.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Canada will not be intimidated nor terrorized anymore than the United States. Islam has made its goal very clear, and the only way to deal with them is to kill them. Kill enough of them and they will stop.

Exactly the kind of chest-thumping bravado they're counting on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda#Strategy (They're already on step #4.)

How is that going to work if the free world gets off its PC kick and instead heads on a bend of extermination? I'm thinking not well.

Entertaining that Al-Queda's strategy will be effective is no less ridiculous than considering that this same strategy will ultimately result in genocide.

Wow. We as a free society are ever so stupid. In general 95% of the people can't see what is actually happening. They have drawn it out as simple as a child's X marks the spot treasure map....and we are still falling for it. Take the tinfoil hat off or put one on and the results would be the same if you are seeing what is happening before our eyes. We are being steered to meet the ISIS/Al Qaeda agenda by puppet masters....(puppets being the leaders of our countries.)

2020 is only 6 years away. I can easily see the North American economic collapse happening by then.

A PC world is what ISIS types thrive on. Until we roll up the sleeves and drop the kid gloves, we will continue to fulfill their agenda and lose the war of attrition.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Also, apparently police have confirmed one shooter dead inside the Parliament buildings.

yeah, I thought of you today as I heard of this incident.

This sort of thing may become quite common unfortunately, as we have a lot of the crazies among us...

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Wow. We as a free society are ever so stupid.

A PC world is what ISIS types thrive on. Until we roll up the sleeves and drop the kid gloves, we will continue to fulfill their agenda and lose the war of attrition.

They are chipping away at us, and we react very predictably, don't we?

Last edited:
Tragic-If this is an act of terrorism I hope there is a swift and effective retaliation.

Lets change our policies to match theirs. When we catch'em, hang'em right out in public. Let a female soldier pull the handle, if a female soldier kills a POS, they can't go to la-la-land and get 76 virgin wives or whatever. I'm tired of their "rights" after capture, they are terrorists, hang'em.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Wow. We as a free society are ever so stupid.

They are chipping away at us, and we react very predictably, don't we?

Thats the Gods honest truth!

The populace has been disarmed and the men emotionally castrated. We are so afraid of what we are not supposed to do we don't do what is needed.

My condolences to the families of the brave solders killed and best wishes to the one in the hospital. Your neighbors to the south will support you Canada.

You guys are waaaay uptight over something.

Maybe just a random act of violence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back