Old Mac SW on new Mac, possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While scrounging around, cleaning out, I discovered a version of Electronic Workbench for a Mac with OS7.xx. No disc in the box but there were three nice written manuals (remember those?)

I do still have an old Mac running a power PC. But wondered if I could lite this off on either of two newer Macs I've rescued from the trash: (1) 18"iMac running a PowerPC and a newer black Macbook running an Intel dual-core on their latest OS.

Any Macperts out there know how to do this?

If it was written for OS 7, that means Power PC. YOu have a *chance* that it will run under Carbon (backward-compatibility mode) on the iMac PowerPC, depending on whether or not the iMac OS is old enough. But not a chance under the latest MacOS 10.xx on the Intel machine.

I'm no expert but I suspect that the program will not work on the device with the Intel chip, however it may work on the Power PC depending which OSX is running. Early editions of OSX 10 allowed restarting the PC into OS 9. OS 9 may be compatible with your early program. I believe that OSX 10.4 is the last version offering access to OS 9.

440 & CB'er,
Ok, thanks. So the PPC iMac it is...first I'll have to find the disc, either a floppy or (hopefully) CD.

I'm currently debugging an audio power regulator and this would come in really handy. I also dwnld'd LTSPICE and have been slowly plowing through....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back