Another exoneration from prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to fix any bad system. But If all people are held accountable consistently, that would make a difference. I had a Prosecutor, detectives, state patrol, CPS, guardian ad litum. There were many other people involved than that. They all towed the same line and assumed guilt. They did not do their due diligence.

I know our system is the best in the world. That scares me from my experience. I lived in San Diego for 2 years, but did not want to go to Mexico for fear of getting caught up in their legal system. This is even if you didn't do anything.

Just pray that you don't get caught up in the system. Because even though all the evidence might show that you are innocent the cards don't necessarily fall that way. I know that now.

So to sum it up: Our justice system still sucks. So happy world traveling to all........

I just realized my sig line pretty much sums it all up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Offhand...prosecutorial misconduct should be punished HORRIBLY. Say, crucifixion, or maybe just a year in general population.

Then who determines that? And how do you decide who exactly is at fault in being
at fault? Another trial?

Can you name another country where you would rather be accused of a crime?

I can't.

Our system is FAR from perfect....but in my opinion MOST of the time (the VAST majority of it) the right person is convicted. Focusing on the wrongly convicted doesn't make the entire system corrupt or a failure, does it?

It certainly sucked what happened to this woman. And those at fault are guilty of an injustice. If they knowingly lied or presented a case they knew to be false...with intent to falsely prosecute this woman...then yes, they should be punished.

The system doesn't always get it right, Anything that involves people is not right 100% of the time.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Offhand...prosecutorial misconduct should be punished HORRIBLY. Say, crucifixion, or maybe just a year in general population.

Then who determines that? And how do you decide who exactly is at fault in being
at fault? Another trial?

Can you name another country where you would rather be accused of a crime?

I can't.

Our system is FAR from perfect....but in my opinion MOST of the time (the VAST majority of it) the right person is convicted. Focusing on the wrongly convicted doesn't make the entire system corrupt or a failure, does it?

It certainly sucked what happened to this woman. And those at fault are guilty of an injustice. If they knowingly lied or presented a case they knew to be false...with intent to falsely prosecute this woman...then yes, they should be punished.

The system doesn't always get it right, Anything that involves people is not right 100% of the time.

I agree. No matter how hard we try and make assurances otherwise....it will never be perfect.

Step one: remove prosecutors' and jugdes' immunity. If railroading someone means twenty years in solitary confinement, then maybe, just MAYBE some will wise up!

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I have my out for jury duty for life........
I also thought at one time our justice system was fairly decent. Then my ex wife falsely accused me of sexually abusing my daughter. When I get a jury summons now I just do a little diddy about what a crock the system really is on the form I send in.

I found out real quick that the system has no checks and balances. Once you get on the freight train, it's out of control on a long grade.

I have come to the opinion that all those involved did not really care about the truth, and going through the motions was good enough. That and keeping the system cranking along. Really keeping their jobs secure was what was really most important. Not somebody going to prison that was innocent.

You paid dearly for your education. Most will never understand what you know.

take care.

This is why I do not and never will support the death penalty. Imagine all of those poor families out there with murdered relatives who have to sit up at night and wonder if the police even got the right guy/girl.

Justice is not a reality. It's a system of intangible beliefs.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
This is why I do not and never will support the death penalty. Imagine all of those poor families out there with murdered relatives who have to sit up at night and wonder if the police even got the right guy/girl.

Justice is not a reality. It's a system of intangible beliefs.

No legal system is perfect. Arguably, we do a very good job in the U.S. when compared to most of the world. I think it's fine to say that because of imperfections in our system you can't support the death penalty. But, to be fair, I think to believe that all kinds of people are put to death in error or that families of victims should worry about if the right person paid for it to the degree you are saying....is an injustice in itself.

With the tech available to law enforcement today there is no excuse whatsoever for an innocent person to go to jail.
However it wasn't that long ago that public hangings were the order of the day,no appeal,no second chances,and I'm confident many an innocent man swung on the gallows.
No system is perfect and dream on if one believes the American system is the best available because it isn't.
The American system is easily bought,and has been proven time and time again if you've got money you get a pass.
Being poor and of colour is still an idictable offence and there are many blacks in prison for offences that would get a white man probation or suspended sentence.
So let's not even suggest going down that road. Because when scrutinized the American system favours the rich. Period.
Justice is far from bling and far from fair.

When I went through my false sexual abuse allegation it was around 1989. The few years leading up to that I had seen numerous TV specials on ex wives setting up ex husbands to get full custody. So when the whole thing started against me I thought to myself, they will look at this as a false accusation and see the custody dispute and come to their senses. But Nooooooooooo

I still don't know to this day if nobody cared, they were stupid, or just 20 years behind the times. I even had my family attorney tell me it would be a good idea to take a polygraph with the Washington state patrol. Guess how that turned out. I had enough sense to know that was not a good idea, but he had been and attorney in the city for decades. So I assumed he knew what he was doing.
Actually the judge in my case happened to be somebody who I had met a couple of months before in a totally unrelated matter. I saw him at some point later, and he said he could not talk to me. I have a feeling he had already read some of the affidavits.

Later in court he threw the case out. But not after a lot of money and stress on me and my mom and dad, and daughter. I retained custody of my daughter because my ex walked away out of fear of me coming after her.

I don't think that we should attempt to execute prosecutors, and judges and such. If we go too hard the other way there will be unintended consequences. There should be reprimands though which I don't think for the most part happen.

I agree with most of what you say.

Maybe our system is not the best. Actually if it was not I would feel better.
Originally Posted By: Clevy
With the tech available to law enforcement today there is no excuse whatsoever for an innocent person to go to jail.
However it wasn't that long ago that public hangings were the order of the day,no appeal,no second chances,and I'm confident many an innocent man swung on the gallows.
No system is perfect and dream on if one believes the American system is the best available because it isn't.
The American system is easily bought,and has been proven time and time again if you've got money you get a pass.
Being poor and of colour is still an idictable offence and there are many blacks in prison for offences that would get a white man probation or suspended sentence.
So let's not even suggest going down that road. Because when scrutinized the American system favours the rich. Period.

Ok Clevy......ENOUGH SUSPENSE!

Tell us....what nation has the BEST legal system in the world....and WHY?
(I'm not saying you are wrong...just want to know your opinion)

Last edited:

I've notified the moderators that Clevy's account has been hacked and taken over by a liberal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back