My nearly perfect 2003 BMW 330Ci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: silverrat
Is there a reason why you didn't choose to buy an M3 instead?

Oh GAWD! That hurt!!!!

I wish I had. But at the time the last thing I needed was another car and getting the 330 was already frustrating my wife (who is very good natured and goes along with nearly all of my whims). At the time I couldn't justify it. Though now, after all these years, it would have made absolutely no difference in our finances.

In other words, I wish I had bought an M3. IMO, the E46 M3s were the last of the M3s that had perfect horsepower/chassis balance.

Scott

Just in case there are some hardcore "chassis guys" out there, here are two pictures of my car; one with the H&Rs, the other with the Eibachs. The H&Rs have a lower front ride height.

FWIW,

Scott
HampRSportSprings_zpsa18b80a4.jpg

EibachPro-Kitsprings_zpse73c4049.jpg

Originally Posted By: SLO_Town

No sunroof? I'm a tall guy, 6'6'. That said, I've never liked sunroofs anyway. Too much extra weight up high. And strange as it might sound, on the two cars I had with sunroofs, I don't think I ever opened one except to see that it worked when I bought the car. No joke.

Same here- I never open the sunroof in my wife's 3er or my son's X3.. Back in 1995 my salesperson had to fight with Munich to have my Club Sport built without a sunroof- even though it was listed as an option. Fortunately, my MS3 didn't even offer a hole in the roof. And I was glad to see that the sunroof can be deleted on the M235i(now just offer the LSD as a factory option and I'll order one).

And let me echo everyone else- beautiful car!!!

VERY nice 330Ci.

From a fellow 330Ci owner, but in 2005 ZHP trim
smile.gif

I hope my car looks that clean at your mileage. (only 44k on mine)

Here's a pic:

zhp-edit.jpg

OP, firstly well done!

Secondly, have you thought of buying some spare parts of items that are known to wear out to store for replacement 10, 20 years from now? Might be harder to source in the future.

Lastly, the thread title is "nearly perfect". What do you consider is not perfect?

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
OP, firstly well done!

Secondly, have you thought of buying some spare parts of items that are known to wear out to store for replacement 10, 20 years from now? Might be harder to source in the future.

Lastly, the thread title is "nearly perfect". What do you consider is not perfect?

Well, the driver's seat shows some wear. There are a few, only a very few, rocks chips which can only be seen if you look for them. They're barely noticeable. Given the vehicle is 11 years old and has 83K miles on it, and with it having a carefully chosen set of premium quality modifications, one might say it's even better than new.

I can tell you this. I honestly think the car runs better now than it did the day I got it. I'm dead serious. The thing is "perfect".

Scott

Totally gorgeous ride but when it is treated like an infant rather than a car it makes me wonder about you.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Totally gorgeous ride but when it is treated like an infant rather than a car it makes me wonder about you.

I don't blame you.

But as I said, it gets "driven". I'll leave it at that. It's not treated like an infant. Rather, it's treated more like California Chrome, the race horse.
grin.gif

Scott

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Do you only drive it in a loop around town? Higuera to Tank Farm to Broad? Just kidding. Super clean car for sure.

Hey, Local!

The car often sees Hwy 58 from Santa Margarita to McKittrick and back. The entire 70 mile stretch is amazing but the section between 7 Mile Road and McKittrick is absolutely incredible, and it drives differently depending on which direction you're going.

Have you seen the tens of 1000s of acres of solar farms they've put out there? I'm one of those who thinks the California Valley is spectacular (not to be confused with the Central Valley). Therefore I have mixed feelings with what's going on out there.

Scott

May be this is an advertisement for California state! I will not be able to find even couple of year old car with that kind of pristine undercarriage around here.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
My mother has a 2005 330ci convertible in equally excellent condition. However, it has only about 17k miles...

That's low mileage. Bummer about the convertible part!

Scott

Originally Posted By: exranger06
My mother has a 2005 330ci convertible in equally excellent condition. However, it has only about 17k miles...

That's low mileage. Bummer about the convertible part!

Scott

She wanted a convertible. She special ordered it with exactly all the features/options she wanted. Chassis flex isn't exactly a concern with the way she drives. Oh, and she can't drive stick, so her's is an automatic.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Do you only drive it in a loop around town? Higuera to Tank Farm to Broad? Just kidding. Super clean car for sure.

Hey, Local!

The car often sees Hwy 58 from Santa Margarita to McKittrick and back. The entire 70 mile stretch is amazing but the section between 7 Mile Road and McKittrick is absolutely incredible, and it drives differently depending on which direction you're going.

Have you seen the tens of 1000s of acres of solar farms they've put out there? I'm one of those who thinks the California Valley is spectacular (not to be confused with the Central Valley). Therefore I have mixed feelings with what's going on out there.

Scott

I haven't been out that way for a few years. I enjoy visiting Carrizo plain also.
I live out on the east side of Paso Robles now.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
SLO_Town,

Why not just buy a BMW M3 ?

Very nicely detailed car and mods.

He already answered that question...
Originally Posted By: silverrat
Is there a reason why you didn't choose to buy an M3 instead?

Oh GAWD! That hurt!!!!

I wish I had. But at the time the last thing I needed was another car and getting the 330 was already frustrating my wife (who is very good natured and goes along with nearly all of my whims). At the time I couldn't justify it. Though now, after all these years, it would have made absolutely no difference in our finances.

In other words, I wish I had bought an M3. IMO, the E46 M3s were the last of the M3s that had perfect horsepower/chassis balance.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back