Sears Die Hard Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the Sears Die Hard Platinum battery an Odyssey ? A real Odyssey or one made to Sears specs or something. Or should I just buy an Odyssey ? There's a Sears store close so I was thinking of the Die Hard.

thanks

2008 Lexus RX 350 Flint Mica/blk 84,000 miles

afaik its the real deal.

if you stack some coupons they get down in price,

the columbus day sale with the 10% off auto coupon made them around 160$+tax

Last edited:
I am not familiar with any bad agms unless you count the ones badmouthing Optima since they reduced quality. Early Optima batteries would go 10+ years, now it's 3-4 years just like flooded.

Also batteries plus carries AGM and you can buy Optima at Advance auto parts with the $50 off 125 coupon.

Be sure to check local sears online results for clearance batteries too. Varies by location. Kmart too if you have one going out of business.

stay away from anything sears back before 1990 they were good now stay away.. Look at their warranty very close and compare to advance or auto zone

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
stay away from anything sears back before 1990 they were good now stay away.. Look at their warranty very close and compare to advance or auto zone

I'd hope they don't have any 25 year old batteries still on the shelf
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Yep, Gave up on Sears 15 years ago. Been buying Autozone batteries since.

I have one in my Jeep. 950 CCAs

It was about $170 online and $220 in store.. I took a screen shot of the price and they price matched for me. It came with a 4 year free replacement warranty and the guy did an excellent job explaining to me what I had to hold onto to be able to use the warranty if needed.

I couldn't get the Sears store in my area interested in getting a set of Michelin tires for my Camry. They were only interested in selling what they had on the shelf. Haven't been back in years and don't intend too. I purchased many things from Sears including appliances in years gone by but have had much better success purchasing appliances from our local Whirlpool dealer. Sears shot itself in the foot many years ago and I doubt if they will ever recover.

IF you are going to get the Platinum (which YES, IS the same EXACT battery as an EnerSys Odyssey, just with a different color case, and stickers, at a lower price), I'd suggest you do it soon, since I've heard they are dropping the line soon (at least the ones made by EnerSys).

The other problem with this is that, in the VERY rare occurrence of a warranty defect, Sears would NOT be able to give you an EnerSys made replacement for your Platinum, and would instead offer you their top of the line flooded lead acid battery, or possibly pro-rated cash.
frown.gif

I wouldn't buy sears anything. Sears maybe going out of business in the next few years. they are closing stores rapidly.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I wouldn't buy sears anything. Sears maybe going out of business in the next few years. they are closing stores rapidly.

I think Craftsman and Die Hard will live on, with those particular brands getting bought out elsewhere.

Originally Posted By: thunderfog
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

I think Craftsman and Die Hard will live on, with those particular brands getting bought out elsewhere.

Sears will probably live on, just not in their current format.
The large, mall based stores will probably go. There is too much square footage and overhead in those stores. In addition, Sears has no business in soft goods. They lack the ability to do them well.
Diehard/Craftsman/Kenmore will live on. Those names have developed too much value over the years for Sears to not capitalize on.
The Sears of the future will be their hometown store format, which is franchise anyway. They are also about the size of store and type of product mix that Sears can be successful at.

The giant sears stores here in the malls have very few people in there.

I have found some deals, but honestly they are just too big.

If they went to the size of a hardware store, and moved them to strip malls, they would do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back