Lone wolf strike in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allison Lampert

SAINT-JEAN-SUR-RICHELIEU Quebec (Reuters) - A Canadian convert to Islam shot dead by police in Quebec after running over and killing a soldier with his car had launched a custody case for his young son only three days earlier, court records show.

In his final Facebook post that day the 25-year-old convert, Martin Rouleau-Couture, changed his profile picture to an image of two doors, one opening to a sunlit heaven and the other to a fiery [censored]....

Well, at least he won't be tying up money and time in our court system
smirk.gif

Very unfortunate for the two soldiers, targeted by this moron and his lunatic fanatical religious beliefs.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Well, at least he won't be tying up money and time in our court system
smirk.gif

Very unfortunate for the two soldiers, targeted by this moron and his lunatic fanatical religious beliefs.

Yep

It would appear he wasn't right in the first place, and I'd wonder whether his zeal was the problem or just the symptom. The Canadian media's hand-wringing over this is just sickening. Ian Hanomansing tonight was all over the place. The CBC was questioning how and why the RCMP and CSIS could have let this happen and what they might have missed, and how their surveillance didn't prevent this, yet all the while having a concern about overspending, giving law enforcement and intelligence agencies too much power, and not wanting to trample on other assorted freedoms. Instead of unbiased reporting, CBC somehow tried to take three positions at once.

Originally Posted By: Garak

It would appear he wasn't right in the first place, and I'd wonder whether his zeal was the problem or just the symptom. The Canadian media's hand-wringing over this is just sickening. Ian Hanomansing tonight was all over the place. The CBC was questioning how and why the RCMP and CSIS could have let this happen and what they might have missed, and how their surveillance didn't prevent this, yet all the while having a concern about overspending, giving law enforcement and intelligence agencies too much power, and not wanting to trample on other assorted freedoms. Instead of unbiased reporting, CBC somehow tried to take three positions at once.

"Stand on Guard for Thee"

That's all that the useless teats are good for - hot air. Why in heaven's name must these 'journalists' feel that the greater good is somehow served by their assertion that there is always two, EQUAL sides to every story that they report? Perhaps evil is simply evil? I call it what it is & that's evil. I am vigilant about what I see as I go through my shift, whether it be day shift or night shift. I expect that evil is afoot & looking for opportunities here in our self-deluded country. I really hope I'm wrong. I remain switched-on, regardless.

As an old driving instructor of mine used to repeat, "Keep your eyes moving; get the big picture..."

John.

Terrible news, it does seem odd that he was deemed enough of a risk not to be allowed to leave Canada, but not worth tracking his car via GPS? Its cheap and easy tech to use for keeping track of someone like this.

Mental health is an important thing as these nutty groups/organizations/mantra's can bring out the worst of people.

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
Not anymore so than a racist who is a closet member of the KKK driving over a group of minorities.

Yeah, that happens a lot, eh?

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Not anymore so than a racist who is a closet member of the KKK driving over a group of minorities.

Yeah, that happens a lot, eh?
About as often as these shootings.

http://www.parisstaronline.com/2014/10/2...ent-lawyer-says

Couture-Rouleau alleged his ex-wife was preventing him from being able to see their child because he had converted to Islam in April 2013.

"The applicant is Muslim and believes (his former wife) refuses him access to (their child) for that reason alone," court documents filed Oct. 14 say.

He was living with his father in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, near Montreal, when he declared bankruptcy in February. He was part owner of an industrial cleaning company that was not doing well, and he owed nearly $22,000, but had just $452 in his bank account, QMI Agency has learned.

more ..

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/22/us-canada-attack-profile-idUSKCN0IA2QR20141022

Last edited:

Show me an example.

Originally Posted By: Reg# 43897
Why in heaven's name must these 'journalists' feel that the greater good is somehow served by their assertion that there is always two, EQUAL sides to every story that they report?

That was my big beef with the reporting. Balance is appropriate. The reporting here was a bunch of hand waving and fluff, with an apparent attempt to offend no one by offering no real information.

As for the suggestion of GPS monitoring, that has been done in this country of course. In this case, what would it have accomplished, other than making the collision analyst's job easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back