Larger tires needed any Tire guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that it has to have clearance at full compression of the suspension and at full right & full left turn of the front wheels.

What does all season tires have to do with the speedo being off? If the speedo is off - get it fixed. It should be under warranty.

1.5 inch of tire is a big difference. I want to go from LT215/85R16 to LT235/85R16 on my Cherokee. That's a bit over 1 inch. That is going to be a big enough change that I will probably have to regear the differentials to compensate.

My dealer says thats normal so live with it.
They even said they elevated the inquiry last year speedos off and the answer they got was thats the way it is.
Its 6 kms slow at every speed.
Its just what I want.

One inch is about three percent which is nothing re gearing would be overkill, no.

Last edited:
If it's reading slow, bigger tires would make the problem worse.

I went from a stock 27'' tire to a 31'' tire, causing the speedometer to read 10% slow at all speeds. When I go to bigger tires, it's going to be more.

I said that wrong sorry Its fast not slow.
at 100 kph it reads 106 when I am reading 100 Im going 94.

It seriously has that small of tire on a regular Outlander? If you have the 4-banger, you will be sorry if you upsize that much. I would definitely stick with OE size, or maybe the next size up. Good luck finding someone to sell/mount them as well. You may have to carry them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back