"Harley sound" with twin lawmower engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's awesome that technology has made it possible to make a motorcycle even louder and slower than a regular Harley. Oooh... as an added bonus I bet they can knock these out in China pretty cheaply.

One more reason why I enjoy living in the country. I don't have to listen to morons like this who think loud, obnoxious and stupid is somehow cool and funny.

Pity the poor neighbors of this clown.

Originally Posted By: Blaze
Have to admit these things do have a noticeable Harley sound to them if the exhaust is done right.

ONo, you gots it bassackwards; Harleys sound like two worn out Briggs push mowers doing my back 40 - terrible, irritating junk that road hooligans love to exploit. Baaahh!

The best part about it would be if he didn't have plans to get a license and just drove it up and down his street. A better video would be him explaining it to his neighbors:

"so it is a motorcycle?"

"no, that's the great part. It's just for driving down our street. Right here. Where you live. And maybe wanted to have your windows open or watch TV. I put straight pipes on it so you can hear when awesome is happening right in your front yard."

Harley's are great because they drive by once, not repeatedly up and down your road making 120db to accomplish what a reasonably fit person can do on a bicycle in near silence.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted By: Blaze
Have to admit these things do have a noticeable Harley sound to them if the exhaust is done right.

ONo, you gots it bassackwards; Harleys sound like two worn out Briggs push mowers doing my back 40 - terrible, irritating junk that road hooligans love to exploit. Baaahh!

It could only be more annoying if Harley Riders could figure out how to make their bikes "Roll Coal". Not only would they be assaulting your sense of hearing, but also your senses of sight and smell.

I have a Kawasaki V-Twin powered, John Deere garden tractor. Maybe I could make "zoomie" pipes for it. On the right side, of course. I could not think of anything more pleasant to listen to, while mowing, than a V-twin at 3600 RPM, without mufflers.

It's hysterical how the amount of noise or RPM has no correlation to how fast it's going. Seems like he's perpetually riding the clutch in 3rd gear.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
One more reason why I enjoy living in the country. I don't have to listen to morons like this who think loud, obnoxious and stupid is somehow cool and funny.

I pity the Harley owners that all think their motorcycles are american made because they are assembled in USA ,When in fact they are 95% Japan/China made

Why does every thread that mentions Harley turn into a Harley bashing thread? The post was about this contraption sounding like a Harley.....which it doesn't in my opinion. Sounds like any other v-twin engine......like the one in my 06 Yamaha V-Star for example.

Originally Posted By: heyu

I pity the Harley owners that all think their motorcycles are american made because they are assembled in USA ,When in fact they are 95% Japan/China made

That's absolutely not the case. I don't own a Harley, never had. But I used to live about 40 blocks from the factory. They are absolutely American made. Perhaps not every screw, but there is a free factory tour and you can see for yourself.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
Originally Posted By: heyu

That's absolutely not the case. I don't own a Harley, never had. But I used to live about 40 blocks from the factory. They are absolutely American made. Perhaps not every screw, but there is a free factory tour and you can see for yourself.

What they show at their factory is why everyone thinks they are USA made,,,,,ALL the parts you seen at their factory are shipped in from other countries they are NOT made here ,They are ONLY assembled

Actually I hear more of this garbage in the towns around our mountain home in the country, then at home in suburbia. Fortunately the folks are far away when sitting on the deck, so its not observed at home, but going around it is quite obvious.

Country != well mannered, well kept necessarily. It just means you have a little more space to distance you.

I can't watch the vid, but just based on the pics, I'm all for playing with OPE engines. I'd personally run a muffler and appropriate exhaust just because it's useless if it's painful to ride on (too loud).

I've been through Harleys York,Pa factory tour and SOME of the parts are made in other countries. Anyone who says that 95% of Harley parts are made in China/Japan is either misinformed, embellishing, or flat out lying! About 50% of my John Deere JX75 and LX188 were made in Japan....so what!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back