I couldn't beleave it till I tried it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I read a long time ago - may have been in Consumer Reports - that Deet is similarly effective if sprayed on clothes rather than skin. When camping, I always spray some around the door opening and bottom edge of my tent, on the bottom of my pant legs, tops of my socks, and ends of my shirt sleeves. It seems to work and I don't have to get that nasty smelling greasy stuff on my skin.

I guess if you're wearing a hat you can mist the perimeter of that, too.

Do you guys recall that Avon's "Skin So Soft" lotion was accidentally discovered to be a decent insect repellent? I never tried it, but now Avon actually touts certain formulas as Deet free insect repellent. Maybe combine that on your skin with Deet on your clothes.

This.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
I learned long ago while whittling some wood by the campfire with my trusty Swiss Army knife. Mosquitoes started coming out so I put on some DEET mosquito repellent, went back to whittling. I put the knife down for a bit and when I came back to it the plastic felt all rough. Upon getting it under some light I noticed my hand print melted into the plastic handle of the knife. That can't be good for you.
shocked2.gif

Yeah, don't put DEET repellent on your skin.
37.gif

It would leave fingerprints on the plastic stocks of the early "you can tell it's Matell" M 16s.

Plexi cleaners made for aircraft use work well. I have an old can of "Classic" plexi polish made for the aviation industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back