Any Dodge Challenger Owners Out There?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my quest for a nice cruiser, I have nixed the Camaro and more or less the Mustang, because "feels" like less space than the Camaro, just from seeing it and sitting in it (but I have not driven it).

A car that I am trying my best not to like, but am losing the battle is the Challenger R/T. My wife has fallen in love with it and I have to admit, it does grow on you. I have not driven one yet, but the overall layout + look and feel are very nice.

I found a few 2013 models with the 5.7 (some automatics and some manuals) with leather, navigation, sunroof, etc. in the 25K range with less than 30K miles on them. Before I consider this one too seriously, I would like to hear what all of you think about these cars and if anyone has had any problems with it.

As always thanks in advance for your thoughts...

Those are definitely the best looking of the muscle cars. I'd get one in "Dukes of Hazzard" orange,V8,manual transmission only
smile.gif

I don't own one but i like them, my wife likes them too, you know what that means.
Thanks NCIS LA, thats what got her started on it, i didn't help saying oh look at that, thats nice. LOL

The other day I say a nice Challenger with a 6.4 badge and brembo brakes . It must have been a fancy one. I kinda like them.

Prior to the refresh (2015?) I really disliked the interior. I test drove one and loved it, but the interior killed it for me. The 2015 model's interior is gorgeous. MUCH improved.

I didn't think the old interior was that bad. But you're right: the 2015 interior looks really sharp.

I can't get passed the ear-high window sills myself, but objectively, it's a VERY nice car.

As others have mentioned here, i don't own one but if you ask my wife or any of my friends, that is the muscle for me if in the mkt.

Last edited:
I'm being sorely tempted by a properly equipped 2010 CPO Challenger- and by "properly equipped" I mean that it is a Hemi Orange SRT8 with three pedals and no hole in the roof.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
In my quest for a nice cruiser, I have nixed the Camaro and more or less the Mustang, because "feels" like less space than the Camaro, just from seeing it and sitting in it (but I have not driven it).

A car that I am trying my best not to like, but am losing the battle is the Challenger R/T. My wife has fallen in love with it and I have to admit, it does grow on you. I have not driven one yet, but the overall layout + look and feel are very nice.

I found a few 2013 models with the 5.7 (some automatics and some manuals) with leather, navigation, sunroof, etc. in the 25K range with less than 30K miles on them. Before I consider this one too seriously, I would like to hear what all of you think about these cars and if anyone has had any problems with it.

As always thanks in advance for your thoughts...

having been active in the SRT8 community since 2005 I have found the overwhelming majority of them to be very solid. One of the few track ready cars that makes a great daily driver.

You won't find much bad about them, because they are solid as a rock. HUGE but that is one reason they are comfortable...

If kids weren't in the cards I'd have bought my wife a Challenger R/T instead of the Camry. With all the work I've put into the Toyota so far I slightly regret not giving a Charger R/T more thought.

2010_FX4, I drove my friends 2014 Black on Black R/T 5.7 6 speed. WOWEE-WOWOW!!! All I have to say is FOR SURE get the 6 speed.....and take your checkbook. You drive one...you'll owe one......and your wife likes it??? Which color Sir?

Originally Posted By: Mykl
If kids weren't in the cards I'd have bought my wife a Challenger R/T instead of the Camry. With all the work I've put into the Toyota so far I slightly regret not giving a Charger R/T more thought.

I have three kids and they love the Charger, LOL! "Daddy, mom's car is FAST!!"
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: oldhp
2010_FX4, I drove my friends 2014 Black on Black R/T 5.7 6 speed. WOWEE-WOWOW!!! All I have to say is FOR SURE get the 6 speed.....and take your checkbook. You drive one...you'll owe one......and your wife likes it??? Which color Sir?

She wants this one (not sure what I have done to align the moon, planets...well, you get the idea):

0foe2m.jpg

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Mykl

I have three kids and they love the Charger, LOL! "Daddy, mom's car is FAST!!"
grin.gif

My kids loved the TV and the fact they can watch movies with the headphones on and I can still listen to music.
I've yet to hear those dreaded words.......are we there yet.
Hehehe.

And most here know I'm a mustang guy and that love pumps deep from within me but my next vehicle purchase is going to be a challenger,with a hemi,and mds.
The hemi itself has proven itself to me based on prior ownership of a high mile unit that got 5000 mile conventional oil changes its entire life and it didn't consume a drop of oil over the intervals I ran and felt just as powerful as my dads 2012 ram.
And since we've got 4 rams in the family with MDS and 2 of them have now rolled over 300000kms without anything but regular maintenance I'm confident in the powertrain 100%.
The mileage of a small car and 400 pounds of torque is a no brainer to me.
Though I'd love to drive the new boosted variety of vehicle out there it's very tough to snub my nose at a big v-8 that sips fuel like a vehicle half its size and is simple as far as tech goes compared to the turbo variety available today.
I'm glad overkill has a charger. He's very well rounded when it comes to vehicles and the fact that he likes it,knowing what's in the stable says quite a lot.

I was completely floored when my wife told me that she liked Charger! That was after I had already bought the Acura. In a million years, I would have never guessed she would have liked that car.

This is the CPO 2010 SRT that keeps threatening to wreck my debt-equity ratio- 18k miles for $29k

0.jpg

I love how the Challenger looks and if I do get another car, it will probably be one of those but I will have to learn how to live with the MDS system. The MDS system is one thing I don't like about the car and is one of the reasons I ended up not buying one. The two that I drove that had this system would feel like they had a miss and hesitation in the engine when it would go from 8cyl to 4cyl and back.

The local dealer has some 2014 R/T's marked down about 5-6,000 dollars and you could probably get more than that off. One is a black R/T classic that stickers for $39,000+ and is marked down to $33,000+. Another is a 100th anniversary R/T that is $37,000+ but is marked down to $32,000+. If I hadn't bought my 2014 Mustang GT last year, I would probably be jumping all over one of these.

I do like a lot of things about the new 2015's though, especially the new interior and new 8 speed auto tranny.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back