Another exoneration from prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
The state will have to compensate her for the injustice. The limit in our state in $500,000, but some individuals have received more when they took their case to court.

She should collect BILLIONS...say, one million dollars per DAY. All responsible for railroading her should be lined up and shot.

"Superior Court Judge Mark Arnold said he thought the justice system had failed her." This judge should be embarrassed to accept a paycheck.

Getting a conviction was obviously more important than this lady's life. It must be a nuisance having to deal with the little people while these government officials and employees are putting in their time to get that retirement. This kind of stuff gets in the way of a good round of golf.

This case involved a homeless man who was accused of stealing car tools. The man who owned the tools got together with at least two other guys, kidnapped the homeless man, bound him with wire, and then beat him and burned him to death.

This woman was sent to prison on the word of a female meth addict who wanted her boyfriend, (the owner of the tools) to escape blame for the killing. But the woman falsely accused had no stake in the tools, and no reason to kill the guy, as well as no strength to do the deed if she tried. There was no physical evidence linking her to the crime.

A lot of "justice" in this country is very corrupt.

Those people that withheld evidence proving her innocent or falsified evidence to convict her will never be prosecuted. How can I be for the death penalty with a system like this?

We like to think of ourselves as a modern country, yet this incompetence is evident in many walks of life.

What is galling about this is:

1) How could the detective be so incompetent?
2) How could the detective's bosses be so incompetent?
3) How could the DA even think to bring the prosecution?
4) Why are there defense attorneys that are so bad?
5) Why are there judges that are so bad?
6) Why does it take 17 years to sort this out?

Why do we allow so much incompetence in our society? Why are there so many people that go along with the system and allow the wrong result to happen? Are they going through life like zombies? And in this case it's the frigging JUSTICE system! Their job is to see that justice is served, not that cases are processed.

And when you see how much we pay these public servants in CA, it's an even bigger joke.

I've been on several juries in my life, including as a foreman. I can tell you that the average juror is just that, the average person. Most don't care about the case, they just want to get it done so they can go home. It's really sad. And some like a co--worker of mine believes that if you're picked for a jury it's your duty to find the person guilty; scary beyond words.

She should be compensated millions for her ordeal, and the prosecutor thrown in jail for a comparable amount of time.

Last edited:
...and no one in the legal system will ever answer for competence bordering on sabotage.

You could not put this case into a movie because no one would be stupid enough to believe it. Calling these people in this case idiots would be an insult to idiots.

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
We like to think of ourselves as a modern country, yet this incompetence is evident in many walks of life.

What is galling about this is:

1) How could the detective be so incompetent?
2) How could the detective's bosses be so incompetent?
3) How could the DA even think to bring the prosecution?
4) Why are there defense attorneys that are so bad?
5) Why are there judges that are so bad?
6) Why does it take 17 years to sort this out?

Why do we allow so much incompetence in our society? Why are there so many people that go along with the system and allow the wrong result to happen? Are they going through life like zombies? And in this case it's the frigging JUSTICE system! Their job is to see that justice is served, not that cases are processed.

And when you see how much we pay these public servants in CA, it's an even bigger joke.
Californians keep reelecting the same politicians in office for life it seems.

"Californians keep reelecting the same politicians in office for life it seems."

People will not vote their meal ticket out of office. Can you imagine the shock and disgrace of having get up every day and go to work to earn a living? On top of that some of them might have to learn how to speak English.

I have my out for jury duty for life........
I also thought at one time our justice system was fairly decent. Then my ex wife falsely accused me of sexually abusing my daughter. When I get a jury summons now I just do a little diddy about what a crock the system really is on the form I send in.

I found out real quick that the system has no checks and balances. Once you get on the freight train, it's out of control on a long grade.

I have come to the opinion that all those involved did not really care about the truth, and going through the motions was good enough. That and keeping the system cranking along. Really keeping their jobs secure was what was really most important. Not somebody going to prison that was innocent.

29662 said:
I've been on several juries in my life, including as a foreman. I can tell you that the average juror is just that, the average person. Most don't care about the case, they just want to get it done so they can go home. It's really sad. And some like a co--worker of mine believes that if you're picked for a jury it's your duty to find the person guilty; scary beyond words.

I have also been on several juries. I agree that most jurors just don't care about the issues, just want it to be over ASAP. I would hate to be judged by my so called "peers"!
"Scary beyond words" is exactly on target!

This poor woman was definitely served a huge injustice. I'm glad that in the end, truth prevailed.

Not to be annoying....but to all of you who despise the legal system we have in this country (and I'm not in total disagreement), what do you propose to do to fix it?

Do other nations have any better legal systems?

Offhand...prosecutorial misconduct should be punished HORRIBLY. Say, crucifixion, or maybe just a year in general population.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Offhand...prosecutorial misconduct should be punished HORRIBLY. Say, crucifixion, or maybe just a year in general population.

Then who determines that? And how do you decide who exactly is at fault in being
at fault? Another trial?

Can you name another country where you would rather be accused of a crime?

I can't.

Our system is FAR from perfect....but in my opinion MOST of the time (the VAST majority of it) the right person is convicted. Focusing on the wrongly convicted doesn't make the entire system corrupt or a failure, does it?

It certainly sucked what happened to this woman. And those at fault are guilty of an injustice. If they knowingly lied or presented a case they knew to be false...with intent to falsely prosecute this woman...then yes, they should be punished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back