Wheels stolen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 1kickbuttranger
Dang, it seems like they go for some serious cash.

MSRP on his style of wheel is $691 a piece plus a core charge. That is far from being the most expensive OE wheel GM has put on their trucks too.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
^If those are the same brand of tires and match the description of yours then send the phone numbers to the police. I'll leave the phone numbers here incase the post gets deleted. That post was posted this morning (Thursday) and the date stamp in the picture that's says its from July could be set wrong in a camera easily.

They're Continental brand tires

"Calls ONLY to (210) 233-9333 / Text ONLY (210) 454-0463"

On a 2013, tire brand means little...they are probably the OE tires.

Besides the dog's dirt thieves,
besides the MEGA dog's dirt people who knowingly buy hot wheels,
the whiz-bang, ever helpful legislators will come along and suggest outlawing Craigslist
It'll be for our own good.
Also, and you can all yell at me whenever you like, there is at least A LITTLE blame to throw at the OP.
Everyone and his mother knows that wheels are easy to steal.
Sure it sucks that stuff gets stolen but those $1,000 wheels were, to a degree, flaunted.

If you want to whine and say, "You can't have anything nice anymore!", you'd be right.
You don't wear jewelry to a slum. Kira

Originally Posted By: jimmy87
... truck is at the shop....

OK, I give up, how did you get the truck to the shop?
It was sitting on 4 bricks, right?

Ericthecarguy shows on youtube video how these lug nut locks can be easily removed without a key. Amazing.. Isnt there a good option for lug nut locks?

Actually the post could have been made 13 days ago, but then they edit the old posts with photos of the new tires that come in and make it look like it was posted earlier. Did any of the wheels have any really small scuffs or scratches you could remember that would identify them as yours?

Originally Posted By: Kira
Besides the dog's dirt thieves,
besides the MEGA dog's dirt people who knowingly buy hot wheels,
the whiz-bang, ever helpful legislators will come along and suggest outlawing Craigslist
It'll be for our own good.
Also, and you can all yell at me whenever you like, there is at least A LITTLE blame to throw at the OP.
Everyone and his mother knows that wheels are easy to steal.
Sure it sucks that stuff gets stolen but those $1,000 wheels were, to a degree, flaunted.

If you want to whine and say, "You can't have anything nice anymore!", you'd be right.
You don't wear jewelry to a slum. Kira

Who's whining? I still love San Antonio, great city! I'm from El Paso, born and raised, [censored] happens. I really would like for the guyz who are doing this to get caught. I figure by the grace of GOD I'll break even some how. I guess it is my fault, me and my Rolls Royce are just to good for this city. I'm Grateful that my truck wasn't damaged.

There is nicer vehicles in the complex, my truck is an sle out dated non 4x4 extended cab truck, I don't believe the truck with its fake chrome to be flashy…

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spackard
Originally Posted By: jimmy87
... truck is at the shop....

OK, I give up, how did you get the truck to the shop?
It was sitting on 4 bricks, right?

Good question, unfortunately after I got everything squared away I had to go to work, my wife saw it all, she said no foul play,

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Originally Posted By: eljefino
You'd have to find a tire shop willing to install new wheels with rubber stems...

Why?

They'll quote an NHTSA law that it's illegal to disable a safety system.

If they break a TPMS sensor doing a tire change and can't get you a new one, they won't put a rubber stem in "just for tonight" but rather put your spare tire on. I know it's crazy, but "it's a thing."

Man sorry that happened to you. I'm also in San Antonio. What part of town do you live in? It might be worth it to find a different apartment complex. I've lived here all my life and know pretty much where the decent areas are and depending on what your budget is I might be able to help you find a complex that has garages for what you have to spend. Or at least find a place where this is less likely to happen.

Here's the problem with all of the rookie detective work going on here...

They'll simply hold them for a couple of months, and THEN sell them.

Only an idiot (or a first time thief) who wants to be caught would steal some wheels and then post them on Craigslist right away.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
They'll quote an NHTSA law that it's illegal to disable a safety system.

If they break a TPMS sensor doing a tire change and can't get you a new one, they won't put a rubber stem in "just for tonight" but rather put your spare tire on. I know it's crazy, but "it's a thing."

No, I meant why couldn't they just put new TPMS sensors on the truck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back