Why I'm paranoid of buying oil at walmart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ammolab
The other day I got caught trying to photo Jugs at Walmart..... She was not amused! Hit me with her purse!!!

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: ammolab
The other day I got caught trying to photo Jugs at Walmart..... She was not amused! Hit me with her purse!!!

thumbsup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: andrewg
God Bless America! Such great citizens!

Hey, move to Canada. I'm sure Vancouver would love to have you.

I will buy but check the label, but checking 2 WM near me this past week I can't find any PP or PU in 0W-20. Good thing I have probably a month before I need do a change.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
What's to be paranoid about? A quick flick of the cap will tell you if it's opened or not. And if it has been opened, repeat until you find one not opened. Simple.

Yes, but then would OP start a vanity thread complete with photographs? Doubtful.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Originally Posted By: andrewg
God Bless America! Such great citizens!

Hey, move to Canada. I'm sure Vancouver would love to have you.

Thanks for the advice, Mr. Bunker.

Originally Posted By: Michael_P
According to the sticker in the picture, it reads; Offer ends 6/30/14.

Yes, the current offers end 11/30/14, even for bottles that didn't sell during the first promotion.

http://www.pzlfallmir.com/

http://www.pzlfallfuel.com/

http://www.quakerstate.com/

The new promotions also require you to upload your store receipt for the FRN discounts, although this isn't mentioned in the promotion literature. I sent my store receipt in the mail Monday last week for 2 jugs of PP. I changed my oil Friday morning, and found that out when I went to enter the code from one of the jugs I'd opened and see what to do about a jug with no code on the cap.

I called the help line for Pennzoil Promotions. After explaining this several times, the help line person told me she'd confirmed they'd received my receipt for the $10 per jug by mail and she would e-mail me an uploadable copy of my receipt Friday afternoon. Thus far, no such e-mail has reached my inbox. I plan to call again Monday.

The rebate for QSUD at Menard's was a bit easier as I cut off the Menard's rebate receipt and sent it by mail keeping the original receipt, as is typical for items at Menard's with rebates (although this rebate is from SOPUS, not in the form of Menard's store credit). I still have my full Menard's receipt I can photograph and upload.

I bought some Supertech 30 WT and discovered it was used as I was pouring it in my lawnmower. Walmart should not allow returns on oil.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
I bought some Supertech 30 WT and discovered it was used as I was pouring it in my lawnmower. Walmart should not allow returns on oil.

The employees just need to be properly trained on returning items. Back when I sold shoes people would always try to return pairs that they'd worn. We always made sure they were unworn,if they were worn,we would refuse to take them back.

It's not just the FRN codes or returning used oil the unscrupulous walmart shoppers will cheat/steal anyway they can apparently. Of course it's only a handful of folks doing this kind of stuff. With all the cameras retail places have, and knowing that FRN codes were being stolen, it's hard to believe they didn't commit a bit of effort to catching folks? I wouldn't exclude employees from being involved too. Free gas on walmart wages would be pretty tempting.

IMG_0643.jpg

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

The employees just need to be properly trained on returning items. Back when I sold shoes people would always try to return pairs that they'd worn. We always made sure they were unworn,if they were worn,we would refuse to take them back.

Most of them are but many still do not care. "Shaniqua" that works CS desk does not care most times and will probably process skid marked used underwear back for a refund.

Wow - a switcheroo on the oil filter! Hadn't thought of that one. Probably went through a self-service register on the way out. However, I'll only shop at Walmart while the self-serv registers are open. They close those around 10 PM here and then have 2 cashiers with long lines of people with full carts.

I prefer to shop at Meijer or even KMart but there's some times Walmart is the best option available. Case in point - the recent SOPUS incentives were not valid for purchases at Meijer stores although pricing was about the same as Walmart, and KMart had way higher prices on PP 5 qt. jugs than Walmart.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Most of them are but many still do not care. "Shaniqua" that works CS desk does not care most times and will probably process skid marked used underwear back for a refund.

Only time Shaniqua,Lafonduh,and Miss Rhonda will be productive is when she,her boo,and all her homies are cooking up internal theft schemes at the Walmark,haha.

Why cant we as customers have the accountability of checking the seals on the jugs before purchase? Even before the PP lid scams, I always have..

People as consumers should do that with everything they buy. Produce, DVD's, oil, etc.

Maybe I am this way because I work retail? I dont know..

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

Why cant we as customers have the accountability of checking the seals on the jugs before purchase? Even before the PP lid scams, I always have..

People as consumers should do that with everything they buy. Produce, DVD's, oil, etc.

Maybe I am this way because I work retail? I dont know..

I've always been the same way. Grew up working retail so unfortunately I know what to expect.

Originally Posted By: 05LGTLtd

It's not just the FRN codes or returning used oil the unscrupulous walmart shoppers will cheat/steal anyway they can apparently. Of course it's only a handful of folks doing this kind of stuff. With all the cameras retail places have, and knowing that FRN codes were being stolen, it's hard to believe they didn't commit a bit of effort to catching folks? I wouldn't exclude employees from being involved too. Free gas on walmart wages would be pretty tempting.

IMG_0643.jpg

I noticed this too. I've been checking the seal on the Fram Ultra boxes prior to purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back