Ultra Light Lithum Jump starter by Noco w/usb port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used ours again yesterday to boost a dead early 90's Ford truck- with a 302. Battery was a DEAD group 24 from having the ignition left on accessory all day and night. Hooked up the pack and she spun over a hair slow but fired right up- and it's still got more than enough oomph to do it a few more times.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Those have to be LiPO; I don't think regular 18650 would be able to source that much current.

Now you have me wanting to take it apart to find out. Maybe I will get the screwdrivers soon.

On another note, I received a Newegg news flyer in my email and actually advertised the Noco Genius Boost cheaper than anywhere else.... $99.99, see price in cart it says.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-9SIA33T1ZM3178

Was doing some research during the week on 18650s, Teslas, SolarCity and the like, and a workmate had another brand charger that had what appeared to be a failed cell.

Texted me Thursday night to say that (his) wasn't an 18650, but was some sort of rectangular battery, stacked to fit.

I opened up Powerall and the battery isn't 18650. Looks like LiPo wrapped in black insulation.

yh5df.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back