yr car has a security system. u lose all the keys,

Status
Not open for further replies.
What car is this? The dealer might be able to cut a key for you if you show proof of ownership. I've done this before with my Lexus GS.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
then what???
the locksmith might be able to open the door? but what do u do if a long way from the dealer? can the locksmith start your car somehow?

can you please use complete words, at least in the title.

and its UR yr is year.

If a locksmith does not have the ability to program chipped keys, then the vehicle will have to be towed to the dealer to have the keys made and programmed.

Ford has a form you would fill out in addition to providing proof of ownership and matching photo ID. Assuming the vehicle is 2005MY and newer we can make the key based on the code stored in Ford's database.

Mazda is the same, but they have key codes back to the 80s assuming the original selling dealer entered them in the system.

The above does not apply if you have ever had the vehicle re-keyed. Usually people do not keep or bother remembering the new key code when that happens, and a cylinder will have to be read and a new key made with that process, and then programmed.

With GM passlock you put in a new cylinder, turn it on, wait ten minutes, then it's yours.

we called a locksmith to make a key for a 2007 lincoln and he made a key that worked good we also used the same guy for a late model nissan and he did that also. Someone i know is a locksmith for con edison in ny and he recommended him and he was reasonable both times. Under $250.00 i believe.

Some cars keys are ordered from factory pre cut ...pre programmed

Take a picture of your key high quality - and you can have key cut from picture!

Some cars keys can be made via OBD to blank... With right tools...

Other cars will require keys to be added... Worst case scenario you need someone to do IMMO off from the car *computer or calculate the pin.

All of the above is doable without visit to a dealership...

Originally Posted By: Ndx

Take a picture of your key high quality - and you can have key cut from picture!

Other cars will require keys to be added... Worst case scenario you need someone to do IMMO off from the car *computer or calculate the pin.

What if it's a Mercedes key?

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: Ndx

What if it's a Mercedes key?

Most likely just require code calculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back